When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New 7750, Higher Beats But Is It Better Oob Than The Old 7750

crystalcranium

Just an observation from the posts here. It seems more than a few replica buyers with the new 7750 in their chronographs are reporting problems with this movement. I have gotten several PM from members who know I have both a Link Chrono and a Bentley GT asking how chrono re-setting problems can be solved as well as date window alignment issues, watches running 2-3 minutes fast/day etc. This movement was a very welcome replacement for the old 19,000 bph 7750 which gave many buyers pause before they rolled the dice on a chronograph but the problem rate still seems to be high. Am I just focusing on the negative here or is this 7750 copy showing its' true colors after finding it's way into many watches in the last 6 months?

There is no doubting that the latest 7750 (8850!) Asian movements are an improvement on the older ones in terms of construction and finish of the parts. Assembly and quality control variations still seem to be an issue.

Watches running fast or slow are mostly a beat/regulation issue and not something to criticise any one movement for. Chrono reset problems are an issue with all 7750 movements including the ETA Valjoux ones as are slow or stuck date roll-over problems.

The misaligned datewheel in my TAG has been confirmed by my watchmaker as a problem with the printing on the wheel being off-centre and nothing more than that.

My watch has regulated to being accurate to within +/-1 second in three days, and the only problem I have had was a gravity compensating spring for the chrono mechanism breaking, probably due to my overzealous testing of the chronos in the first place....

I give them the thumbs up...

Just some anecdotal evidence here: I had 2 watches with the old movement and both had problems. One even developed a minor problem after being serviced. I have 2 watches with the new movement and both have been fine out of the box, both running about 15-20secs fast at present, which I can happily live with.

ive got the tag link chrono and wound it fully and the chrono did not reset correctly. it acutually never resets in the right place. then i realized if i stop the chrono before the 30 sec mark and reset it resets around plus 1-2 secs if i stop the chrono after 30 sec from where it started is goes back 1-2 secs. anyone else have this problem? im gonna let it run down with the chrono at 12 and wind it fully and see what happens.

also can you guys here the watch winding and feel it on your wrist? im sure its normal but this is my first chrono and just wonderin

-mike

• 2 weeks later...

generally I think it is fair to say that very few Asian or Swiss 7750/7753 movements of any replica will run fine over an extended period of time without them being serviced/adjusted - the quality control issue - or total lack thereof makes it a pure game of chance. I for once will send all the watches I want to keep to The Zigmeister for servicing. If you don't have any problems than consider yourself lucky :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I promised never to buy an Asian 7750 again...had two watches and they both died on me in less than one week. The last one was an IWC GST Ti which is probably one of the nicest looking chronos out there ... and one of the most accurate replicas to boot. Being serviced at the moment...had two faulty gears with missing teeth and apparently a lot of grime and dirt....(report from my trusted watchmaker)... :black_eye: I'm considering buying an ETA Valjoux 7750 movement and get it over with. :g:

Not sure about the new Asian 7750 high beat...I shiver when I think about the money I spent on watches that died 'in situ' within a few days of their purchase...you live and learn :animal_rooster:

Cheers

Alex