When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customized project - Any tip is welcome

ryaku

Hi everybody,

i need some help from you guys since my knowledge about rolex is almost non-existent.

I'm not a big fan of rolex but i'd like to create a customized watch using a rolex replica case with a MKII dial and snowflake model hands.

My questions are:

- can i use a 28mm dial for eta movement in a rolex replica case? would it fit or it would be too small/big?

- would a ETA2824 fit a case for asian movement? do i need a specific movement holder?

- is it easy to find a crown replacement with no crown on it and also a no-brand clasp replacement?

- i don't want any magnification for the date since i'm gonna coat the crystal, can i use the same crystal removing a single part of it?

I'm fully aware those are stupid questions for you but as said i'm a total noob about this brand.

Any tip appreciated.

Thank you

Hi everybody,

i need some help from you guys since my knowledge about rolex is almost non-existent.

I'm not a big fan of rolex but i'd like to create a customized watch using a rolex replica case with a MKII dial and snowflake model hands.

My questions are:

- can i use a 28mm dial for eta movement in a rolex replica case? would it fit or it would be too small/big?

- would a ETA2824 fit a case for asian movement? do i need a specific movement holder?

- is it easy to find a crown replacement with no crown on it and also a no-brand clasp replacement?

- i don't want any magnification for the date since i'm gonna coat the crystal, can i use the same crystal removing a single part of it?

I'm fully aware those are stupid questions for you but as said i'm a total noob about this brand.

Any tip appreciated.

Thank you

hello friend you should see our post by aeromatic on "customised vintage rolex subs" where you will see custom watches by my friend member george loiz you will see his creations made from rolex replicas some have home made dials without rolex markings my friend may be able to help you with regards fitting different parts ,as for finding a crown and bracelet without rolex markings the are a few sites that sell generic crowns and bracelets without rolex marking that should fit,

my friend george loiz is a watchmaker and has made his own dials and crowns so check out our post my friend willa appreciate

other persons interested in customizing watches. aeromatic! :victory:

Edited by aeromatic

aeromatic, that's really a nice watch, kudos to your friend!

I also prefer old style rolex watches to the new ones.

Now i just have to find a dial i like that can fit well a sub case and bezel.

I want to replace hands as well, i want something peculiar, not too close to a sub.

Cheers

aeromatic, that's really a nice watch, kudos to your friend!

I also prefer old style rolex watches to the new ones.

Now i just have to find a dial i like that can fit well a sub case and bezel.

I want to replace hands as well, i want something peculiar, not too close to a sub.

Cheers

your welcome, good luck as for the hands there are many types that will fit on eta movement! how about painting your dial with a colour of your choice i seen some plain black semi matt dials no printing at all! and also some custom painting with marble effect spray paint!

Hi mate,

actually i would prefer some writings on the dial otherwise it would be too simple in may opinion.

That's why i like so much some MKII dials (unfortunately the most beautiful ones are not for sale as spare dials).

What i really don't want is the rolex word on it. :D

I 'm looking for a dial similar to the Tudor with snowflakes hands, that's beautiful.

Or also a no-date sub style with different hands(i don't like cyclops mag at all).

I just need to be patient.

By the way, i was thinking i could also buy a Alpha sub to start the project, i'm sure the quality wouldn't be worse compared to a noobmariner.

Hi mate,

actually i would prefer some writings on the dial otherwise it would be too simple in may opinion.

That's why i like so much some MKII dials (unfortunately the most beautiful ones are not for sale as spare dials).

What i really don't want is the rolex word on it. :D

I 'm looking for a dial similar to the Tudor with snowflakes hands, that's beautiful.

Or also a no-date sub style with different hands(i don't like cyclops mag at all).

I just need to be patient.

By the way, i was thinking i could also buy a Alpha sub to start the project, i'm sure the quality wouldn't be worse compared to a noobmariner.

some good ideas there! my next project will be a tudor sub no date with snowflake hands i will get dial/hands from yukiwatch

and fit my eta 2783 movement i too dont like mag dates i have some date subs but i prefer no date subs which give a clean dial!

Edited by aeromatic

I'm sure it will be a hell of a watch.

This time i don't want a frankenwatch, i want something no-brand, that's why i cannot consider to buy a used gen dial. :(

aeromatic, can i ask you if the rolex writings on the rehaut and the cyclop mag are difficult to get rid of? am i supposed to find a replacement for the crystal?

I'm sure it will be a hell of a watch.

This time i don't want a frankenwatch, i want something no-brand, that's why i cannot consider to buy a used gen dial. :(

aeromatic, can i ask you if the rolex writings on the rehaut and the cyclop mag are difficult to get rid of? am i supposed to find a replacement for the crystal?

it would be much better to find a rehaunt without the rolex markings like on earlier submariners that have plain rehaunts

which watch do you want to use for this project? a lot of cyclopes are glued on and can be removed by soaking the crystal in a soloution of acetone if its saphire crystal ,acylic crystals you can not remove, see tick talk cyclope removal on watchmakingblog.com i think they may have other ways to remove, but you can order a new crystal without a cyclope from a watch repair shop

they not expensive !,aeromatic!

Well...actually i still have to decide which watch i'm gonna use it.

I have to buy it.

I will probably buy a second hand watch, after all i'm not interested in accuracy, also an old replica would be fine.

ok! well then go for an older watch without the writing on the rehaunt, how about the submariner no date no rehaunt writing and no cyclopes? have you considered having some artist paint a diver or a deepsea divers helmet or something covering the rolex and corronet markings on the dial? would look great i would like to see a dial finished this way!

it sounds interesting, do you have some pics/examples? :)

have a look at tauchmiester.com or wernersflyingwatches.com watch site,look at there watches in divers section to get some ideas! there are a few sites that do dial engraving with a lazer but i think they only do a certain qty!

it sounds interesting, do you have some pics/examples? :)

actually on wernersflying watches they have a tauchmiester on the first page that is a copy of a rolex sub with tauchmiester markings and a bracelet that looks like a omega seamaster low priced as well i own a tauchmiester too