When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

coating on UPO

tre

Hi,

I recently bought a rep UPO chrono from PT witch arrived this week. There's a blue shining coating on the glass but after 2 days of VERY careful wearing this coating is already coming off. Is there a way to 1) remove this coating or 2) fix this? You can clearly see these spots. Not very satisfied with it all :(

tre

Edited by tre

if your seeing "splotchy" film on you crystal .. it just need to be cleaned with water and a rag.. the AR coating always has a film on it inside and out.. any foreign liquid that is attached to the crystal needs to be cleaned or it will appear like oil in a puddle of water when the sun light is reflecting off of it.. nothing wrong with the crystal.. it just needs cleaning.. DO NOT use anything but plain water.. or you may damage the AR coating..

AC/Lani

hi guys,

@Deniz: hmm, it will contain aceton wich is very harmfull for rubber. i think it would be dangerous for the rubber used in the watch.

@Lani: well, at first i thought it was indeed dirty or greasy and tried to clean it with some wother and a very soft cloth (to clean camera lenses) but it didn't work. the coating is surely coming off :( I don't really need this coating and would be happy without it but now it just looks ugly and not properly used :(

Hi,

I recently bought a rep UPO chrono from PT witch arrived this week. There's a blue shining coating on the glass but after 2 days of VERY careful wearing this coating is already coming off. Is there a way to 1) remove this coating or 2) fix this? You can clearly see these spots. Not very satisfied with it all :(

tre

If you've bough a UPO there should not be ANY coating on the oustide of the watch.. The upo only comes with single coating AR on the inside of the crystal.. If there is indeed uneven AR on the outside of your crystal you can remove it with nail polish remover.