When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting a new ROO

Dani

I really like the RB2 but it has so many small flaws so i em going into the direction of the Montoya in TI or the Grey dial RG ROO.

It also seems from some photos that the RB2 is actually bigger then the Montoya and regular ROO?

Anyone like to share their opinion :)?

Cheers,

Dani

i'd love to give you some advice dani, but i'm struggling with this one as well. as you may or may not know, i went with the rg rubberclad (see below). i had it serviced and modded to the max and i am absolutely thrilled with the results. my only issue with it is that the gen is $30,000! i feel strange wearing it as an everyday watch. lol. with that being said, i went ahead and ordered the white dialed rubberclad which should arrive next week. i have plans to have this one fully modded as well and am hoping i will like this model as much or even more than the rg. if so, i may let the rg go. it will be a very tough decision as i have a lot of money invested in it. in closing, my preference is the rubberclads ... just which one? for accuracy, i'd have to say the rg is tops with the white and black dialed ones coming in a close second. sorry i couldn't have been more help and good luck with your decision!

DSC01410.jpg

i'd love to give you some advice dani, but i'm struggling with this one as well. as you may or may not know, i went with the rg rubberclad (see below). i had it serviced and modded to the max and i am absolutely thrilled with the results. my only issue with it is that the gen is $30,000! i feel strange wearing it as an everyday watch. lol. with that being said, i went ahead and ordered the white dialed rubberclad which should arrive next week. i have plans to have this one fully modded as well and am hoping i will like this model as much or even more than the rg. if so, i may let the rg go. it will be a very tough decision as i have a lot of money invested in it. in closing, my preference is the rubberclads ... just which one? for accuracy, i'd have to say the rg is tops with the white and black dialed ones coming in a close second. sorry i couldn't have been more help and good luck with your decision!

DSC01410.jpg

you guys talking about modifications ...what mods you have done so far?

you guys talking about modifications ...what mods you have done so far?

thanks for speaking up mehmetcan ... you've been a member for over a year and this is your first post! what mods you ask? here's a short list ...

#1 - full service of the movement by the zigmeister

#2 - c1 gloss lume on the dial and hands by the zigmeister

#3 - installation of chief ar'd crystal by the zigmeister

modifications #2 and #3 have made a huge improvement in the look of the watch and i now have a more reliable movement thanks to modification #1. these movements come over and under oiled from the factory and this can cause serious problems. i hope this helps and we look forward to hearing more from you. all the best!

I know AR makes the watch look fantastic. However, is it on the gen for this model? I think AR only started on the latest models.

thanks for speaking up mehmetcan ... you've been a member for over a year and this is your first post! what mods you ask? here's a short list ...

#1 - full service of the movement by the zigmeister

#2 - c1 gloss lume on the dial and hands by the zigmeister

#3 - installation of chief ar'd crystal by the zigmeister

modifications #2 and #3 have made a huge improvement in the look of the watch and i now have a more reliable movement thanks to modification #1. these movements come over and under oiled from the factory and this can cause serious problems. i hope this helps and we look forward to hearing more from you. all the best!

thanks for your quick answer... by the way how much is gonna cost me all these mods and who takes care of these and how can i contact the guy ... finally do you have any full moded ap roo archroad or ap roo rg photos after mod...

thanx for your help

sorry about the wrong spelling i meant was orchard road Le ...

DSC01410.jpg

I am pleased to read this post and that you are enjoying your RG as much as I do mine.. I would love to discuss more the mods you have received....

I recently had a chance to sit with someone who had a GEN RG and they were utterly convinced mine was real and completely surprised and actually mad that he paid what he did HAHA

Upon first glance the dial of the GEN POPS, would you say that the luming of the numbers helped do this in greater detail?

How long door to door did it take to get serviced..

Thanks WHEAT!

I am pleased to read this post and that you are enjoying your RG as much as I do mine.. I would love to discuss more the mods you have received....

I recently had a chance to sit with someone who had a GEN RG and they were utterly convinced mine was real and completely surprised and actually mad that he paid what he did HAHA

Upon first glance the dial of the GEN POPS, would you say that the luming of the numbers helped do this in greater detail?

How long door to door did it take to get serviced..

Thanks WHEAT!

no problem goodfella. yes, i highly recommend having the lume done. it doesn't really effect the look of the watch in daylight as the lume is white, but in the dark it's awesome! regarding the chief ar crystal ... again, highly recommended but this is a choice of personal preference as the gen does not have ar. but to me, it's the ar is that makes the dial pop. regarding the timeline with the zigmeister ... you won't believe this but i had my watch back on my wrist in one week! lol. he kindly put a rush on it for me as i was in his neck of the woods. here are a few more pics ...

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

no problem goodfella. yes, i highly recommend having the lume done. it doesn't really effect the look of the watch in daylight as the lume is white, but in the dark it's awesome! regarding the chief ar crystal ... again, highly recommended but this is a choice of personal preference as the gen does not have ar. but to me, it's the ar is that makes the dial pop. regarding the timeline with the zigmeister ... you won't believe this but i had my watch back on my wrist in one week! lol. he kindly put a rush on it for me as i was in his neck of the woods. here are a few more pics ...

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

That looks like a GEN

Thanks for the quick reply sir

talk to you soon

Josh