When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Dateweel on ETA 2836

SilverG

Unfortunately, no. The datewheels are different sizes; inner and outer diameters. the 3135 is just a larger movement than the ETA in general (12.5''' vs. 11.5''' for the ETA), hence allowing for a larger datewheel.

So then what do you reccomend I do?

The eta datewheel on my 2836 has fallen off and it seems as though a few of the teeth from the date wheel have worn out, so I need an ETA wheel and a Rolex overlay that will need to be glued on.. correct?

So then what do you reccomend I do?

The eta datewheel on my 2836 has fallen off and it seems as though a few of the teeth from the date wheel have worn out, so I need an ETA wheel and a Rolex overlay that will need to be glued on.. correct?

You can get a genuine ETA date wheel from Ofrei. I got mine from them for under $10. The only issue, is that it has the original ETA font, not a Rolex font. You'll have to gently peel off the date overlay from your existing one, and re-glue it on the new wheel (make sure you align it correctly).

Yes, you'll need a 2836 replacement datewheel and an overlay to glue on it.

I probably have some old ETA datewheels laying around; a few of which have been stripped of their paint already and would be perfect for an overlay. The lack of paint allows for a better bond with whatever adhesive you choose to use, and also makes for a slight bit more clearance due to the reduced profile; you'll want as much clearance as possible between the overlay and the dial to prevent rubbing, which will cause the date to stick when rolling over.

Hit me up with your shipping info and I'll send you one.

Yes, you'll need a 2836 replacement datewheel and an overlay to glue on it.

I probably have some old ETA datewheels laying around; a few of which have been stripped of their paint already and would be perfect for an overlay. The lack of paint allows for a better bond with whatever adhesive you choose to use, and also makes for a slight bit more clearance due to the reduced profile; you'll want as much clearance as possible between the overlay and the dial to prevent rubbing, which will cause the date to stick when rolling over.

Thanks!

Please let me know if you have an extra old ETA wheel for a 2836, and even a rolex overlay! I would gladly send you the funds for it