When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot strap warning aka "heads up"

anics

Just a quick one...

Got out of my car last night. Was wearing my Hublot SS with textured strap.

Suddenly heard a 'clunk' and my wrist felt lighter.

Thought "oh [censored]" and looked down...

My hublot was laying on the floor in the rain and this had happened to the strap.....

post-18710-126626004238_thumb.jpg

God knows why but the strap "snapped" clean in half.

So, Hublot owners... be careful out there!

Thankfully, no real damage to the watch, just a few 'dings', nothing that shouldn't polish out.

Now I am in the market for a new textured strap. Anyone know of a decent supplier let me know.

Thanks

A

In spain. British though. Spend my time across EU and US.

Dropped Chris a line at Eurotimez. He's off until end of Chinese new year!

A

Great. hope it works out with chris i'm sure he'll be able to get you taken care of! If you're in the madrid area we could meet up for a beer and discuss some watches one day! :pardon:

Usually this happens because the deployment clasp cuts into the strap at that point. I had one almost wear thru, but I caught it before it broke!

I just look at all of my HBB and they all have a "wear line" at about that position where the deployment rubs. This could even be a problem with the gens as I remember a HBB owner complaining how his strap had broken and that it cracked his ceramic bezel when the watch fell on the ground. :(

Chris should be able to set you up. You might want to get an extra as well when you order it...

Great. hope it works out with chris i'm sure he'll be able to get you taken care of! If you're in the madrid area we could meet up for a beer and discuss some watches one day! :pardon:

Sure thing. Next time I'm there I'll let you know

A

Usually this happens because the deployment clasp cuts into the strap at that point. I had one almost wear thru, but I caught it before it broke!

I just look at all of my HBB and they all have a "wear line" at about that position where the deployment rubs. This could even be a problem with the gens as I remember a HBB owner complaining how his strap had broken and that it cracked his ceramic bezel when the watch fell on the ground. :(

Chris should be able to set you up. You might want to get an extra as well when you order it...

Yeah, not a bad idea. Talk about design flaw!

Yikes! I have NEVER seen anything like that, and if you hadn't posted a pic, I probably wouldn't believe you. I have several HBB reps and I've never seen any wear lines on the strap from the deployant. Maybe you guys wear it tighter than I do?

If you have no luck with Euro, dealers like Tony at asian7750, Mary at WatchInternational and Hont are the best at sourcing HBB parts.