When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet Sizing

time4me

I need to find a half link worth of adjustment on a Milgauss bracelet. It appears that can be had within the clasp. I believe that is a spring bar in the photo with 2 alternate pin detent positions. On this bracelet, every tool I have (not great tools) is too thick. Heck, I even tried a razor blade....too thick. This thing is TIGHT! What's the trick/tool needed? Pictures below.

003.jpg

002.jpg

Maybe you need to get a caseback knife in there, and marginally lever the clasp a touch wider, so you can get to the spring bar.

If it was a tight fit when installed, the spring bar may have been assisted into the clasp without thought of getting a spring bar tool in there, and the only way is to open it up a touch.

Or the clasp may have received a knock which has closed it up.

Sometimes we need to marginally "mod" things to give the tools even 1/2 a chance of working.

O/S

Offshore - thanks for your reply. I was hoping that there was a trick I might have missed before resorting to blacksmithing ;) . Hate to inadvertently leave any marks. The clasp is a fairly thick stamping.....would take a bit of force to get it to yield me thinks.............