When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Loving this watch - Maurice Lacroix Squelette!

fizz

Hi people..

I have just fallen in love with this watch and was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a rep for it as ive looked through the affiliate sites to RWG but cant see it anywhere.

maurice-lacroix-squelette-1.jpg

Kind Regards

Fizz

Sorry this watch will never be replicated. :wounded1:

This watch uses a tourbillon movement. This is a beautiful watch but because of the complicated movement, it could NEVER be repped. There are a few reps that come with real tourbillon movements but most are over $800..Most are A lange & Sohne and Brequets that are available, and to be honest i'm not sure if there are any Maurice Lacroix tourbillon models that have been repped. Maybe someone else with more expertise in maurice lacroix can confirm.

I knew what the answer would be when i posted this thread but alas i had to try!

Cant say im surprised there aint a rep for it as it looks complex as hell in there. :(

yeah man what can i say. I found these similar versions on trusty time just now since you got me curious..

They're definitely fantasy watches and the movement inside of them has nothing to do with a tourbillon but they go for the same effect. Although i have to admit they'd look WAY cooler with blacksteel casing like the one you posted:

081589cd8ca4220469a7fc123cb57e73.image.800x532.jpg

198e34b9bbdd9819dd608b49c0df91a0.image.800x532.jpg

http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=5512

I couldn't vouch for their quality but like I said.. the same effect as the watch you like. If you were really gung hoe about it you could buy the black version of the watch i just pasted above and then get Avitt (another member here) to give the case a nice DLC treatment to get it that gunmetal color. It would be expensive but with that modification you'd have the watch a lot closer to what you're looking for. (even if the movemeth would still continue to be completely off)

As it happens i have already seen those and they look lovely. :)

As you say it would be a costly process to get the gun metal effect on there and to be honest its more hassle/expense than its worth for me.

Will just keep an eye out for something else thats different and to my taste.

Is that trusty chap a reliable seller with good products?

As it happens i have already seen those and they look lovely. :)

As you say it would be a costly process to get the gun metal effect on there and to be honest its more hassle/expense than its worth for me.

Will just keep an eye out for something else thats different and to my taste.

Is that trusty chap a reliable seller with good products?

Yeah, I've bought from Andrew at trustytime a couple times. Never had a problem. Since all dealers pretty much get their watches from the same source the quality will be the same with all dealers. Hit or miss. Especially since 90% of them drop ship your watch. What makes a good dealer is the ability to correct the problems that might arise with a product you buy. I've never had any bad experiences although I've gotten bad watches before.. but the dealers have never had a problem with me exchanging, returning or taking credit on my next watch if problems do arise. My habitual dealers is Angus at Puretimes though. :)