When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Orange Planet Ocean Chrono 2nd

kingkitesurf

Altough I was a Rolex man I will start collecting other models... Omega looks sweeeeeeet.....

Does anybody have the new Planet Ocean Chrono 2nd edition yet?

I would like some experiences

- Overall look & feel

- Does it have 22mm lugs

- Does it have the new 28.8 Asian 7750

- What are known issues (so I can see if they bother me :victory: )

Cheers

Altough I was a Rolex man I will start collecting other models... Omega looks sweeeeeeet.....

Does anybody have the new Planet Ocean Chrono 2nd edition yet?

I would like some experiences

- Overall look & feel

- What are known issues (so I can see if they bother me :victory: )

Cheers

Datewheel is wrong.

Sub dial spacing way off.

The pearl (as always!)

These are the flaws that bother me the most.

Been looking at Andrew's 7750-Chrono, and here are my personal unqualified observations based on a pic from the Omega-site and Andrew's pic of the rep, looking at the dial.

One of the most annoying things for me is the datewheel black numbers on white background, (the gens I've seen have white numbers on black),

and the fact that the numbers are turned 90 degrees in the date window compared to the original.

The date window looks a bit bigger on the rep.

The 3-6-9-12 numbers are also quite a bit fatter on the rep, and the hour markers on these are too square.

The framing of the hour markers looks more distinct on the rep.

The "Swiss made" words are separated by the 6 o'clock markers on the gen, they are both below it on the rep.

The pusher ends look quite wrong.

Sub-dial spacing is too wide on the rep.

Hands too short.

I bought the PO chrono quartz from Andrew just to see how I like the watch, (yeah, I'm a cheap bastard).. ..looks good and feels solid, it has most the same flaws, but the bracelet feels and sounds "tinny"..

It actually looks somewhat better than andy's pics of the 7750.

Sub-dial spacing is good, but dials are mixed around.

The hands are longer and more accurate.

3-6-9-12 markers are better,

Pusher ends are better.

PS: I still think it's a beautiful watch though.

Thanks, Nanuq ;)

With the hands, pushers and 4 hour-markers from the quartz it would look a little better at least, and a better datewheel could not be that much of a problem. Even a white on black would be good. (I did not notice the 90-degree issue before someone pointed it out on the forum somewhere.

I don't know enough about chronograph movements to say if they could get the sub-dial spacing right, but it certainly would help the look of the watch.

@Everything

Now that's a good response to a common question! Thanks... maybe we'll see better versions coming out soon?

Until the rep makers stop insisting on bunging the 7750 into every automatic chrono they make we are unlikely to see a worthwhile version of this watch (as per Speedy, Daytona, etc. etc. etc.)

That will only happen when the buyers stop perceiving 'added value' on incorrect implementations of the 7750 movement and start giving them the wide berth they deserve.

Edited by r11co

Until the rep makers stop insisting on bunging the 7750 into every automatic chrono they make we are unlikely to see a worthwhile version of this watch (as per Speedy, Daytona, etc. etc. etc.)

That will only happen when the buyers stop perceiving 'added value' on incorrect implementations of the 7750 movement and start giving them the wide berth they deserve.

I don't think they put much tought into--they proably sell plenty of reps to the 98% of rep buyers who don't care abot subdials--so they're putting 7750's in reps of watches that don't use 7750 variants, putting the venus 175 in reps of watches that do use the 7750, etc.

I oubt they'll ever rep an ell-primero with all the 7750's laying around...so I doubt we'll ever see an accurate el primero daytona, speedmast, PO chrono etc...