When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean problems

af73

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might have an idea, suggestion or have even experienced something similar?

2 months ago I bought this http://www.rolex2u.com/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-ar-coating-with-black-dial-same-chassis-as-swiss-eta-version-high-quality-14551.html

from Rolex2u.com.

Lately its been losing time and now, soon after setting the time it stops completely. I have other automatic movement watches so am familiar with the need to keep th power reserve up.

Strangely with this one, the seconds hand keeps going and I can still hear it ticking. Trouble is the minute and hour hands don't move - so fairly useless as a timepiece !

I realise its not a high end eta movement but I would still have expected more than 2 months wear from it.

Would welcome and appreaciate any thoughts.

The link works. It is a 21j. You can end up with problems that way from time to time. Watch has typical flaws as any current 21j have. I haven't ever had problems with ETA movement omega watches, but the 21j I bought (it was the other blue SMP) stopped working within a month and the dealer I bought it from allowed me to upgrade to ETA for $100 and not even need to return the watch. I still wear it too and it runs like a champ. It is one of my oldest reps.

Sounds like you might have two options. Take the movement out and try to reset the hands. If the hands are still not moving and the watch is ticking I would imagine a gear must be stripped inside. Your cheapest solution would probably be to just replace the whole movement.

Thanks for the replies folks.

It has been better recently but loses exactly 15 minutes every night (no more, no less !)

The dealer offered to repair it, but I had to pay for shipping, or get it repaired locally. Alternatively they offered $10 discount on a replacement - big deal !

Pity, I really like the look of the Orange PO.