When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Easy UN Maxi Marine mod

P4GTR

One of the easiest ways to spot some of the UN reps, is the plaque on the side of the case being in gold. These plaques can easily be unscrewed and the gold plate sanded off.

Before..

IMG_1894.jpg

After...

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

Just make sure you know which color plaque is correct for your version, and it's an easy fix. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 5 months later...

i tried this with mine and the screws did not unscrew. they just spun and spun. any suggestions?

protect the screws from becoming projectiles (say, laying a piece of tape over the area) then use a proper tool to pop the plaque off. If they aren't threaded into anything, thats a sign they are bound to fall out and get lost soon anyhow, which makes this mod an even better idea for you my friend. Sorry for the 5 month late reply!

protect the screws from becoming projectiles (say, laying a piece of tape over the area) then use a proper tool to pop the plaque off. If they aren't threaded into anything, thats a sign they are bound to fall out and get lost soon anyhow, which makes this mod an even better idea for you my friend. Sorry for the 5 month late reply!

better late than never. lol. the only problem is that this watch is long gone from my collection. i never had a problem with the screws coming out and i hope the new owner didn't either. it seemed to me like they were snapped in and not screwed in. either way, i appreciate the reply buddy!