When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cortebert 616 pallet assembly

fishgodeep

Picked up a nice looking and running 616 and sent to Zig .....oh dear :thumbdown:

The Z-Meister has serviced , sourced the new balance staff but the damaged pallet assembly remains hospitalised. :wounded1:

I've done a quick check on Cousins without joy so thought where better to ask for suggestion than the Oracle that is the RWG collective!

Any suggestions welcome - I do have a couple of Moljna clone types so please make my day and tell me they are interchangeable !!

Cheers

FGD

S - I think the only interchangeable Molnija's / Cortebert's are the cort 624 and the Molnija. I believe the issue with interchangability is the thickness of the pin / arbour / whatever it's called as well as the height. Have you checked Jules Borel? If I come across any parts to help, they're yours, but unfortunately I don't think I've got anything to hand.

S - I think the only interchangeable Molnija's / Cortebert's are the cort 624 and the Molnija. I believe the issue with interchangability is the thickness of the pin / arbour / whatever it's called as well as the height. Have you checked Jules Borel? If I come across any parts to help, they're yours, but unfortunately I don't think I've got anything to hand.

Thanks very much R- I'll check out Jules Borel for sure.

This was the movement I purchased - 310189756995 - not the cheapest but it all looked right for a trouble free transaction and transplant :(

I've mailed the seller as well to cover all bases but the purchase was a while away and he's not obliged to offer 12 month guarantees!

Cheers

Simon

I keep noticing that back then there was a lot of badge engineering do you know of any other names the 616 went under?

there is this unitas on ebay that looks like a corterbert it is 18 1/2"'

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120535153559&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNAFP:DE:1123

Thanks to everyone for your tips and suggestions

Rob thinks he may have a solution from an old pocket watch, and he also checked the pallet stones from a 6497 balance and these wont work.

I've contacted Paulo and he's reaching out to his contacts for a full pallet assembly so I'm hoping the solution is only a matter of time :)

Cheers

FGD