When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 087 Submersible 1000 With Dirk Shark Pre-vendome

rolli

rolli...very nice combo

can i ask a question on the 087... this is not directed toward your watch, but just trying to get a reasonable answer from anyone who cares to chime in... what is the the deal with the alignment on those 8-oclock and 10-oclock markers. I don't get it, is the alignment like that on the gen? if not, why on earth would the factory align them like that???

hi lovepanerai,

greetings for all.

my plan for modification is,

when there are no possibilities to make the two markers in the right position,

then i buy the next one ( update ) without marker flaw.

the most important mod is to change the asia 7750 movt to a gen swiss made 7750 movt.

and sometimes to change the strap.

thats the life.

rolli

sweet, are you planning any mods?

hi lovepanerai,

greetings for all.

the most important mod is to change the asia 7750 movt to a gen swiss made 7750 movt.

thats the life.

rolli

I knew it :D Where do you get all the supply for Swiss 7750, I tried Ebay and only found one real Swiss 7750 all the others where the cheapo old Asian 7750 labeled as Swiss 7750.

It would be great if you could post once your Swiss mod is done - I suspect that is just a swap and date wheel exchange on this particular watch?

cheers

the modification to change the complete movement is very easy.

the gen swiss 7750 fits absolutely perfect.

important is, you have to take out the gears for the sub-dials on position 12 and 6.

you need only the little second on position 9.

each hand fits.

gen valjoux 7750 you can get from distributor for watch-parts.

my supplier for the movements is a watch company in swisserland.

rolli

I knew it :D Where do you get all the supply for Swiss 7750, I tried Ebay and only found one real Swiss 7750 all the others where the cheapo old Asian 7750 labeled as Swiss 7750.

It would be great if you could post once your Swiss mod is done - I suspect that is just a swap and date wheel exchange on this particular watch?

cheers

lovepanerai,

it is mostly very easy to change movements. the new asia 7750 movements are good copies .

important to know is, for the gen 7750 you need the minute hand tube from the asia 7750.

here we have no chrono, there is no tachymeter hand. you have only two hands in the center ( hour and minute ).

rolli

thanks for the info Rolli :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am sure a lot of people where wondering what that change requires

Rolli-

If you are going to go to the trouble to swap movements and fix the markers I would also suggest a relume for two reasons. First, you can put in Super Lume tinted to tritium color (more authentic during the day and better glow than the gen during the night). The other reason to do it is that once you remove as much orginal lume as possible you can then properly color the "tub" holding the lume so that bezel marker bezel matches with the dial (markers or model paint). The E series with the short markers did not have revealing surround (chrome) on the markers. On most of the reps I have seen the manufacturer did a half ass job coloring the bezel marker bezel. Mine is on the way for exactly this. On the other principal flaws (date and mag) I am hopeful there will ultimately be a datewheel solution. Unfortunately the cylops, as on the 24 Sub, is ground into the crystal owing to the shallow rehaut and as such is probably somewhere between dificult to impossible to replace.

Love the watch though. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hi lovepanerai,

greetings for all.

thats the life.

rolli

Not sure why you feel the need to replace the movt. These should run without any problems as there are no chrono features to worry about. It seems like an unecessary expense to me!! If it was a chrono movt then that would be different.

Not sure why you feel the need to replace the movt. These should run without any problems as there are no chrono features to worry about. It seems like an unecessary expense to me!! If it was a chrono movt then that would be different.

finepics,

i can better sleep when i have a gen swiss made valjoux quality movement in the watch.

my watchsmith and i we tinker gladly.

rolli

I think you're mad (we all are a bit!!) - but I totally understand.

dear finepics,

we do what we can for our hobby / passion.

comes no pam87 update with the correct dial then we make the marker modification.

and super luminova in tritium color.

so, thanks for your statements.

rolli

• 4 weeks later...