When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad rep beatiful watch

Anyone of you bought this, and do you have some opinions? It is not a close rep by any means, but it is indeed a beautiful watch

Jules Audemars Rep! Thinkin about buying it just for the looks *hmmmm*

The original is a 35K watch...

GEN

audemars-piguet-jules-audemars-self-winding-chronograph-watch.jpg

post-21269-126856917502_thumb.jpg

It is a pretty watch this one.

Unfortunately there are very few decent reps of high end watches, but strangely there are quite a few pretty bad ones in $100 bracket. Strangely because these watches so obviously are fakes whereas there are a great number of excellent reps of much cheaper watches.

What to me makes them bad is not issues like the placement of lume dots or subidals. It is rather the extent to which the rep really looks and feels like a top end watch or just a cheap watch with a fancy name stuck on to it. Deep engravings, detailed dials, perfect placement of numbers, etc.

Personally I have a problem with rep chronos that are not chronos. That alone will keep me away from this one. A main thing about high end reps is that they should be plausible. It is not plausible to me that AP would introduce a watch with numbered weekdays set by a separate button.

Also I have yet to see an AP, Breguet, Lange or Vacheron at this price which has a nice case, dial and crystal.

There are two unfortunate things in this game:

* One is that high end watches cost money, even when they are reps (although a top rep can still be had for a small fraction of the Gen). If it is a high end watch they replicate it would make some sense if it costs more to replicate as more attention will have to go into the detailing.

* The other is that the repmakes mostly make top reps of high end sports watches. I guess that dress watches are not selling that much.

This means that if you are looking for a dress watch, you may have to look a bit further. Not impossible, but don't expect miracles.