When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie's First Steps

JBPGAC

Welcome JB, sounds like you have put your time here to good use. The best way to learn the ropes Is to just get In there and mix It up. If not sure about something, ask? I made a few mistakes when I firt arrived because I was not patient. Indeed "Patience Is a virtue In this game", corectamundo. ;) Again welcome and enjoy the show :) Mike

There are some very good reps on the market .. and I stick with our trusted dealers .. some answer emails immediately and do not have a limit on exchanges.. others take a long time to respond.. I have stuck with basically the same dealer for some years now, without remorse..

ther are many who have lost money with dealers off the site.. just because you get a good pic of the product does not mean you will get the same product. and as far as defects being replaced or fixed.. I would not venture off the board..that is what we are structured for.. so members can feel safe.. a very small percentage of members go with quartz movements.. but that is a personal choice...

when shopping for reps, remember you are not walking into an AD or dept. store .. some dealers find they can never please some .. and the rep game is really a numbers game many times.. servicing of movements.. parts .. adding genuine parts.. are all part of the hobby..

I suggest sticking with our trusted dealers..it may not be an exact science but the safety net is there..

what ever you decide.. good luck and happy hunting.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

My impulse to go with the quartz was initially to see if I could wear a red watch. I bailed out on that idea and went with gray but i didn't want to take on the care and feeding of another 7750 until I had some experience with the first one. I'm amused by the reluctance of anyone to commit to indicating what they are really going to ship so the hundred bucks didn't seem too high of an entry fee.

This will be an interesting ride!

There are some very good reps on the market .. and I stick with our trusted dealers .. some answer emails immediately and do not have a limit on exchanges.. others take a long time to respond.. I have stuck with basically the same dealer for some years now, without remorse..

ther are many who have lost money with dealers off the site.. just because you get a good pic of the product does not mean you will get the same product. and as far as defects being replaced or fixed.. I would not venture off the board..that is what we are structured for.. so members can feel safe.. a very small percentage of members go with quartz movements.. but that is a personal choice...

when shopping for reps, remember you are not walking into an AD or dept. store .. some dealers find they can never please some .. and the rep game is really a numbers game many times.. servicing of movements.. parts .. adding genuine parts.. are all part of the hobby..

I suggest sticking with our trusted dealers..it may not be an exact science but the safety net is there..

what ever you decide.. good luck and happy hunting.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani