When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai assemble/disassemble tutorial?

prdubis

Hi buddies!

I've spent lot of time reading threads posted here and in the technical sections but did not find a step by step tutorial on how to disassemble and reassemble a PAM with 6497...

Anyone knows where I cand find this? I would like to build a 112h from spare parts and it seems quite easy, but would like to get all the tips about gaskets, stem removal and so on to build it perfect! :-)

thank you for your help again!

Do you have the tools? Are you looking at a full movement breakdown and rebuild or just the assembly?

There isn't really a tutorial needed. You can look up any of the tutorials in my signature and they will show you hand removal and re-installation and will cover stem removal and re-insertion as well (the general rule being to remove from the winding position, and depress the stem release button while turning in the winding direction and pulling out). The same rules apply for movement rings and holders and what not.

Hi buddies!

I've spent lot of time reading threads posted here and in the technical sections but did not find a step by step tutorial on how to disassemble and reassemble a PAM with 6497...

Anyone knows where I cand find this? I would like to build a 112h from spare parts and it seems quite easy, but would like to get all the tips about gaskets, stem removal and so on to build it perfect! :-)

thank you for your help again!

check it out.. if this is wat u looking for... if u arent a member yet .. register den...

My link

I would need some help to install hands on the 6497...

I have a bulk 6497, it came with some "accessories", but don't know what they are...

I've got a little golden circle, very thin, looks like a gasket (?), what's its purpose?

Any step by step tutorial to reassemble the watch?

Thank you all for your help!

I would need some help to install hands on the 6497...

I have a bulk 6497, it came with some "accessories", but don't know what they are...

I've got a little golden circle, very thin, looks like a gasket (?), what's its purpose?

Any step by step tutorial to reassemble the watch?

Thank you all for your help!

That thin little golden circle is a spacer thingy...please check the picture below:

a6497a.jpg

The thingy (red arrow) goes on top of the cannon pinion thingy (blue Arrow)!

Then you install the dial....make sure you screw it in place...some Asian 6497 have the screw on the side of the movement, some are inside (backside) of the movement! Next is the hour hand....then the minute hand and if you have the sec hand!

Good luck! ....and I hope you have some tools!

Hike

Thank you for help! Your pic will be very useful!

Yep, I have the tools but now I need the skills, haha!

About mounting the hands, I have to "clip" them on the CP?

It should just click if you have the Pusher! I use the one I got from jmb! Good luck!