When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What about this crown guard?

prdubis

Showing the profile will help us determine what generation watch it's suited for. But showing the stub of the lever will help us determine a far more important thing - whether it's really good for anything other than this watch it's attached to. As far as I can tell from this pic (looking at the pin cap finish and the crown) it appears to be an older cartel CG, which is really great if you can take care of the pin and wobble in the lever. It's the 2nd runner up for the best PreA-F CG out of the box, first being of course the JimmyzFu CG. But I will need in-focus macro pictures of the CG to make the final judgement.

Not bad, but not the best one out there.

As Wolf mentioned above, this is a cartel rep CG, thin kind to fit A - F series. However it will have to be re-polished to be made little more 'fitting' for the correct series. I wouldn't use it on anything G-series onwards, but that's I guess up to you to decide :winkiss:

The cartel 'thin' rep CGs came in two versions, good polished one with narrower lever to fit nicely inside the CG lever groove (older one from '05-'07 period), and the newer slightly oversized one (but still thin kind) rep factories used for 111/112H series reps instead of the correct thick 'flared' one.

Your seems to have the latter, however it appears that it uses the lever from the former one, judging by the unsightly side-profile cavity inside the CG around the lever when closed .

Either that or they over-zealously drilled the CG lever-cavity on this one, at the factory.