When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Drilled my 205A lugs tonight

Martyd3

I just love it when something goes as planned. It took 15 mins total. If anyone intends on doing this kind of work more than once, I would highly recommmend getting a table top drill press. It makes a world of difference.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

No drilling was necessary on the crown side.

Great result, mate!

Some time ago Enzo (from RWI) and I tried drilling the lugs on the 44mm case to make it pre-V equivalent, by hand.

Oh what a nightmare that was...drilling steel, even just widening the existing holes proved to be a major effort.

I applaud you for managing this in 15 minutes, it definitely took us lot longer than that B)

I agree with you, top-bench drill press is definitely way to go for this kind of work, in my case even if only for one case ^_^

Guest avitt

Nice work, Martyd3! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

(I must have some kind of magic touch or something. I always hear people complain about this, but I've drilled a number of Pre-V and vintage Rolex lugs, all by hand, without a drill press - And I've never come close to having a problem...They all cut like butta')

These cut like budda too :) When I did the lugs on my 1655 ... had the same result. You only need to run into one tough piece of steel to see the value of a drill press. I used to use a dremel to do these. The biggest problem with it, was that the dremel RPM's are way to high. You need 1500 max to cut through steel.