When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deployment Gen vs Rep

reggydub76

Look at the Winged B on the clasp...Pre 2008 Models were coined in deeply to the clasp. Post 2008 models had the raised Winged B. If the Winged B look like it is lightly engraved or laser etched, it is a rep. Also, the curvature of the Gen is greater then the Rep.

Nope. Don't have a rep deployment, or a gen for that matter. Sorry, I am not a Deployment fan as once the strap takes a set, that is it. No mater how much you try to adjust it, it will return to that set position.

If you are wanting a gen, then buy one from a AD.

I don't like the Breitling style of deployant either. The regular type (IWC style) protects the strap from bending that would arise with the normal tang buckle, but the Breitling deployant results in a more pronounced bend in your strap that prevents small adjustments being made. It is also very bulky on the wrist due to the way the strap threads through. I have both a rep and a gen deployant but they are different sizes so can't be directly compared. However, there is not a big difference. The logo stamped on my rep is not as crisp as the gen but you would need both together to really see the difference.

Edited by PAMman

isn't a deployment some sorta military initiative ? :D

no but seriously i like the clasp more than the buckle since it tucks in the loose end of the strap & hides it well

maybe its also the shape of my 'girlie' wrist or because i prefer them on the loose side but i feel the case doesn't slide around as much either

The Gen deployant is very comfortable, the adjustment feature is phenomenal here when it warms up outside then cools off.

It is nothing at all to adjust it a bit in a few seconds.

100_1418.jpg

I think that there referring to the deployant that go's on a leather strap, different design. I found cutting the strap was a PITA on the rubber deployant. :rolleyes: Mike