When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey you SoCal guys...

ubiquitous

What's the weather usually like there in early/mid Sept? :)

My family and I are planning a trip to the House of Mouse around that time, and I wanted to see what a typical Fall day might be like; I haven't been to SoCal in a few years, and the last time I was there (mid-Oct 2005) it was rainy and kinda chilly :) Might have been one of those atypical exceptions, though (at least, that's what I'm thinking).

Just looking for a general idea of what to expect...

Thanks much,

//ubi

Guest avitt

Recalling all of the September Saturdays spent roasting on my daughters' soccer fields, I think you'll find the month to be quite hot in the OC, Ubi. The winter rains don't typically start until Nov.

Evenings can be cool year round, so bring light jackets.

Days will probably be in the 80s, and feel 5-8 degrees warmer than what you're used to due to extra humidity. Nice and toasty, usually. A few days at the parks (Disney and California Adventure), and a day or two at the coast (Laguna Beach, Newport Beach are easy driving distance) makes a very enjoyable vacation for that time of year!

Ahhh... I'm not sure I can swing a GTG :( Our stay is going to be pretty short; 9/10 - 9/13, so we'll be shoe horning quite a bit into the 2.75 days that we'll be there. However, if I can get away for a few... Maybe an hour or two, then perhaps, maybe? Would be nice to meet up with you guys...

Anaheim is certainly fairly central for us LA and OC folks so it wouldn't be too big of a deal to swing a visit your way to make it easy Ubi. If you think you can swing an hour or two break from the family, it would be really cool to meet up with you! Could be an evening meet after the family is worn out from hanging out with Mickey all day :D