When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yo! My 1680 And Workspace :)

ED_Rolex

Since you're tooled up, suggest you trim those CGs down also :o . Also, the tube/crown mod IS worth it, trust me, nothing like that smooth feel...

One thing bothers me though, from the looks of your photos, I don't think your insert is genuine as you say - the pearl gives it away, looks like a flattish plastic lume dot that mbws/wm's come with as standard, rather than the domed acrylic pearl with clear surround. Maybe a better photo would help?

Since you're tooled up, suggest you trim those CGs down also :o . Also, the tube/crown mod IS worth it, trust me, nothing like that smooth feel...

One thing bothers me though, from the looks of your photos, I don't think your insert is genuine as you say - the pearl gives it away, looks like a flattish plastic lume dot that mbws/wm's come with as standard, rather than the domed acrylic pearl with clear surround. Maybe a better photo would help?

Oh mannnnn

Does that mean that the domed dot that came on my vintages was more correct than the OEM replacements with the modern looking pearls?

Bill

Oh mannnnn

Does that mean that the domed dot that came on my vintages was more correct than the OEM replacements with the modern looking pearls?

Bill

Depends what you mean by 'correct' TJ.

If you have a 1680 or 1665, then the genuine inserts had a very distinctive domed acrylic pearl - like a glob of transparent glue with an inner opaque lume 'yolk', if that makes sense??? :animal_rooster:

Very very difficult to find, I got lucky though ;)

Sure Ubi will post a comparison pic from his crappy parts bin ;) if not, I'll do the honours tonight (crap, Champions League night), sorry tomorrow then.