When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Amature Sub Project 2 .....

2005SUBMARINER

for those of you who viewed my 1st attempt at modding my 1st eta sub , saw that everything turned out ok exept the crown guards on my old sel eta sub where to dam thick :thumbdown: & could screw in properly the gen rolex 7mm crown , it kinda touched the sides & didnt feel smooth :g: ..

so today i decided to take the whole watch apart again & file down those thick crown guards :bangin:

i used a round file & slowly reduced the size of the CG'S :) ..

to my amazment the crown did not touch the sides of the CG'S :thumbsupsmileyanim:

& I THINK looked ok :) its my 1st attempt at this type of thing & i was scared that i was going to ruin the watch :)

so here it goes guys , here are some pix .

p.s. i ordered some gen eta case clamps , so untill then i wont re-assemble the watch ..

before

116549-22564.jpg

after

116549-22565.jpg

116549-22566.jpg

116549-22567.jpg

take care & BE well every one :victory:

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Wow... That after pic looks like Yachtie CG's!! If you can duplicate those on a 16622 case, you'd have one smokin' YM!

Great work... Modding is quite a lot of fun ^_^

hey UBI thanx , :) i think that was begginers luck ;) ..

i hope i wont have to repeat this type of mod on my next project .

its a little scary working with files n stuff , i realy didnt wana screw up my watch :)

thanx for all your help MR UBI :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Looking very nice. One thing if I may add - you forgot the angling of the CG's. Have a look at gen Sub pics and you will see that there is a slight curve on the CG base going up to the top more to the outside. You can achieve this by using various tools, best results are done by hand (as I always do it - with a file). Just grab the file, hold the case and tilt the file so that in some way it almost crosses the hole where the tube sits (not touching the CG back). Then pull out the file while applying gentle pressure. You can add to this by making this pull a bit of the upside. Do it a few times and you see what I mean by the angling, works wonders.

If you want further help, contact me and I can guide you a bit so that you get those nice crown horns, even nicer and more accurate than they are now. Do not use a Dremel.

hey thanx for the great info ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

& if you can post a pic of the original sub that well be a great referance pic ..