When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You wont see this very oftern these days

FxrAndy

Health warning don't try this unless you are aware of what will happen if your watch fails! and you are capable of greasing you seals and carrying out a water resistance check before hand!

Today i l took the plunge literally with my MBW double red that i wrote about here and i can report that it was fine the camera however did not fare so well at 3m as you will see on the last picture

DSCF0914.jpg

not that visible at this angle

DSCF0912.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

but then the camera failed

DSCF0913.jpg

Health warning don't try this unless you are aware of what will happen if your watch fails! and you are capable of greasing you seals and carrying out a water resistance check before hand!

Great to see divers watches in water! where they belong i have found that most good reps are ok in water despite the dealers reconmending you keep them away from water,the number one rule is to remember that no watch even a gen is water resistant for ever, one of the reasons that watches were later marked water resistant instead of waterproof! as seen on some old seamasters, and these watches need service and when required replacing seals ect i have used my reps in the swimming pool and the sea without problems i found one of the best ways to check your watch at home is to remove the movement and dial leaving the crown and backcase closed and submerge your watch in a bucket of water overnight!

I read somewhere that speedmasters and datonas even gen are only water resistant when the subdial pushers are close and you must never operater the subdial pushers while you are underwater Please correct me if i wrong here!

Any members buying the new series 1665 with the superdome crystal have it checked we have found that a few have cracked crystals close to the base mabe caused when the crystal is fitted by the factory we had to replace our crystals with a homemade retaining ring!

Edited by aeromatic

Keeping them dry was never my thing, i have only ever had one with water ingress and that was a speedmaster a long time ago, and lets face it the gen speedy was never much of a wet work watch.

I've never been able to see the point in taking a watch off, which is supposed to be water resistant (unless of course, it's on a leather strap like a PAM :lol: )

Great to see divers watches in water! where they belong i have found that most good reps are ok in water despite the dealers reconmending you keep them away from water,the number one rule is to remember that no watch even a gen is water resistant for ever, one of the reasons that watches were later marked water resistant instead of waterproof! as seen on some old seamasters, and these watches need service and when required replacing seals ect i have used my reps in the swimming pool and the sea without problems i found one of the best ways to check your watch at home is to remove the movement and dial leaving the crown and backcase closed and submerge your watch in a bucket of water overnight!

I read somewhere that speedmasters and datonas even gen are only water resistant when the subdial pushers are close and you must never operater the subdial pushers while you are underwater Please correct me if i wrong here!

Any members buying the new series 1665 with the superdome crystal have it checked we have found that a few have cracked crystals close to the base mabe caused when the crystal is fitted by the factory we had to replace our crystals with a homemade retaining ring!

Absolutely, I believe that's why the pushers have the screw down sleeves :tu: