When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE graphite dial or blue dial?

totalwise

Edit update: Graphite should be replaced by charcoal

I have a BCE, I really wanted the blue dial because it's nice to look at in pictures (never actually owned one), plus it tends to look at least respectable on a blued up AR. Where as the blue tint on a charcoal dial looks a bit naff.

What do you guys think, does the blue dial look better than charcoal?

Now to e second question, my BCE has had some work done on it before I bought it (lello datewheel), and some superlume which no longer look so super. It's starting to show it's age now, having had 2 prior owners. Don't know if this is a servicing issue or a regulation issue, but it's a bit fast (I can't regulate it myself as it has two levers for the regulator, and I've tried but failed to regulate it by trial and error.

I qwould like to know is a dial swap feasable (are they easy to do, are dials available much?), and do you think it's worth me just buying a brand new BCE blue, and selling this own, or should I keep it and get work done on it?

Eyecandy

bcep.jpg

graphite is the most accurate dial in my opinion. nearly indistinguishable. i wouldnt swap the dial, its not worth it imho. a gen dial will be a perfect swap that any watchmaker can do. you can find a few gen dials right now at diamond castle on ebay. thats where i have bought mine from. of all breitlings though, the graphite bce would probably be the only dial i wouldnt swap.