When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie to PAM 111H

asahi

Hi Guys,

Been lurking around the form for a long time and just got bit by the PAM bug. I understand the best entry level PAM would be the 111H. I'm sure there are "ulitmate" versions from available that takes care of all the "tells" that comes with this rep. However, I cant find anything regarding the "Officine Panerai" engraving on the back.

I've noticed that on the rep its thicker, bolder, and more the the right and thus hiding the last letters. On the GEN it appears to be thinner and you can read the entire thing. Am I wrong about this? Or is it just the camera angles?

Would this be considered an easy tell that cant be fixed? :g:

thanks.

post-14236-127104008716_thumb.jpg

The rep engraving you show (in your attached pic) is actually not bad, there are many rep H+ series movments that have terrible engravings, decals, or stamped blue OP text. The main "tell" on the H+ series 6497 reps, is the CotesDeGeneves engraving - all rep engravings have ridges that are too widely spaced, too high, and no "pearl" like finish to them. Then there is the shock assembly (gens are Incabloc), overly bevelled larger silver cogs, ....

WOW!... I have so much more to learn. I agree, the rep engraving is much better. This was done by member alvinado. I should've used a better example. :bangin:

The reps I've owned didn't have exhibition backings so I never worried about accuracy. The only thing I noticed was the OP text. Upon further inspection I do see what you mean.

What's the next closes to gen PAM rep I can find with a solid caseback?

The rep engraving you show (in your attached pic) is actually not bad, there are many rep H+ series movments that have terrible engravings, decals, or stamped blue OP text. The main "tell" on the H+ series 6497 reps, is the CotesDeGeneves engraving - all rep engravings have ridges that are too widely spaced, too high, and no "pearl" like finish to them. Then there is the shock assembly (gens are Incabloc), overly bevelled larger silver cogs, ....