When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Relume

scotty

Having now acquired an Ultimate DSSD with all blue lume, I'm debating having it re-lumed (dial, hands and pearl and at the same time change the bezel insert for the correct 10 one).

Out the box the lume IS BLUE, but for me is not so strong. or intense, even taking into account the difference in colour base compared to say C3. It's a 'gentle' blue glow, that also fades relatively quickly (compared again to say Tritec Superluminova C3).

Has anyone had their DSSD re-lumed?

If so what's your thoughts over the results achieved - notable difference in intensity / length of glow?

Any before and after pics?

Having done it, you happy with the result and recommend the mod?

Thanks in advance for comments.....

I've had mine re-lumed, it's night and day. I debated as well as the rep lume on the ultimate is good (or so I thought) and applied pretty well, though a proper lume is insanely good. It just needs a hint of sunlight and it's already got that glow going... :)

Or is that just on the picture?

Exactly. Don't trust pics for exact coloration. "Steel color" fables etc ... it's just too subtle a thing to photograph and then display on computer monitors.

Some dealers have reeeeally bad white balance problems. Even when they photograph on a white sheet!! LOL :shock: