When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one is better for modding? BCE v2 or v3?

cougaree

Guys,

I know they are pretty close, especially v2 with updated date font. But since I want to have it modded, which one is better to do the modding on? On one of our sellers website I see "water resistant" showing under v2 but absent on v3. Also, for some reason, v2 is also more expensive than v3. I'm planning on installing gen bezel, dial and Swiss ETA 7750 movement.

Thanks!

If you have a datewheel then go for the original V2 with the incorrect datefont as these have better bracelets.

If you don't have the datewheel then grab a newer V3 with the updated wheel.

Here's my franken with a gen dial, Lello datewheel, Serviced movement,New double AR and a V2 bracelet;

SANY0630.jpg

Thanks for sharing and recommendation! Your BCE looks great! The correct date wheel is really hard to come by, so I think I will have to go with v3 BCE then. Joshua sells a v2 with updated date wheel for more. Maybe the extra on the price is just for the better bracelet.

Yes I know. I don't care if he calls it v7... it's not v2. It's a v3 as we know it. Did you read my review, which explains it throughly?

Original v2 is a different watch with different bracelet and hasn't been on production for quite a while.

I would go for the Arabic numerals version v3. If BCE has a weak link, it's the lume sticks. They have better (whiter) color on v2 though. v4 (Joshua's v3) doesn't look too bad, either... just stay away from the sticks dial, I'm not impressed with the sticks on reps.

Thanks guys! BT, I have read your review, but I must skipped some of your text... spent too much time drooling over your pictures... :)

Shkolnik, your BCE will make me drool over too! I sent one of mine to have it modded, so hopefully when it comes back, it will look like yours.

For some reason, the white/off white stick dial just really catches my eyes. I can't help it. I know the rep dial is not as good, but I'm willing to replace it with gen dial. Unfortunately, the gen white stick dial is harder to find versus the Arabic dial, so I will have to be patient and wait :(

I'm sure that v2 and v3 come from the same factory. It's the same one that makes those great TAGs, according to PT.

For some reason they downgraded the lume (and possibly the bracelet) and upgraded the dw when they made v3. Other than the lume, dial is exactly similar in v2 and v3... same error with the short minute ticks (v4 has this corrected). Pretty much the same thing they did with the Fish. They made the lume greener and "pimplier" but improved the application.

I never had the initial v2 in my hands but I'd like to review it for the community and then "flip" the watch. If someone has the original graphite v2 for sale in EU I'd like to buy one. I want to see if the bracelet is really that much better than v3.

I think the TT one I have is an early v2 (not 100% sure). I say this, is because it has bad Asian date font, but does have the little mark right 10 on the minute sub dial. The thing I've noticed interesting is that its bezel is drilled for all the screws (12 total), whereas the other version one I have only had 4 holes drilled for the windrider tabs only. The bezel on mine is also about little thicker than gen, but the case has deeper grooves to hold the bezel wire.