When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pan 192 - buying advice

Maars

Only way to pick one up is to find a member willing to sell theirs. Usually the best way to do this is place a WTB in the appropriate section, or scan all the sales sections regularly. You may also want to add a WTB in your sig.

As for issues, the genuine 192 was made of Tantalum, a blueish grey metal that is heavier than steel. The reps came out in two versions, one in brushed stainless steel, the other in titanium. The titanium one is considered to be the better, as far as looks are concerned, but it definitely is much lighter than the gen. The 192 reps also had problems with their hand sets, some would suffer from the blue finish being discoloured.

All the 192 reps do contain the SeaGull ST19 manual wind chrono, which was made using the same machinery used to fabricate the Venus movement that Panerai uses. It is a very reliable chronograph movement that will last years before needing any servicing, just like the gen :)

Maars I really doubt they are available and I'd think twice about those 2 get them to send you pictures of them with them set to s time of your choice, they've long been sold out.

There were 2 types manual wind ones I think were the better quality being titanium based but I think the chapter ring was not correct, the ring has Too many or to few marks I cant remember, I think the steel version was a A7750 movement had the better chapter ring but had more faults, You'd be best off posting a WTB or waiting for one to turn up in the sales section.