When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question for Baton dial SA owners

jdkno

Yea, the 1 piece batons really stand out and are a big flaw. As always, though, it's a matter of what you can live with. I prefer the gen dial myself.

No comparison in the dials,couldnt do rep dials either.

But those V2 bezels you live with,on your batons in the pic above the big bezel groove at 10 o'clock has that she-ite in it,the other grooves do as well....along with the big wings watch. Just wanted to point that out again B. as you said you dont see it. On the gen bezels,they are as clean as can be.That issue stands out more then the space gap in the batons imo. :)

Looking at the gen white dial, I can certainly see the difference in the batten markers. I would have to agree that it would be apparent to people who really know the dial. However, the other 99.8% of the population doesn't know the difference.

Upgrading to a gen dial makes sense if you care about that level of detail or are worried about the .2% calling you out. But because of the lume, I would have to upgrade to gen hands, and of course, a gen bracelet...

:)

I agree and disagree with most of the comments.........

I agree with chief that yes the major flaw with the rep Batons is the fact that they are a solid one piece (and given they take up most of the dial is very easy to spot).....but its something thats easily changed i.e. you can get a gen dial which seem to be fairly readily available.

However, I doubt this would be noticeable to people who dont know their watches, and unless you get "THAT" moron who's dying to call you out and inspects your watch like a mouse looking for cheese then it shouldnt be a big issue.....

Just depends what you can live with yourself......

What gap? Not aware of any gap that needs to be there until now. Two piece baton? Really? I have been looking at the pics for a while and did not even notice it.....but then perhaps most of I was looking at were reps :) Even then, I still did not pic out the baton thing until now. Does not bother me and mine's on the way.

The bezel groove at 10:00 in that pic is as dirty as the rubber strap between the lugs. Compared to my gen bezel on a clean day, it's a non-issue.

Whatever discoloration it is in the bezel grooves on the V2's especially around the top area is a non issue for you thats great.

Being that nobody has owned more gen/rep/franken SA's than me,it is something that stands out to me. All good.