When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question for Baton dial SA owners

jdkno

As we all know the rep baton dial uses 1 large baton vs. the two part baton like the gen. How noticable is this? For example when looking at it as if you were checking the time is it noticable that it is one pice vs. 2?

If anyone owns a white dial, does the white somewhat hide the fact that it is one big piece?

Wondering if it would be possible to paint the gap on the batons with black paint or something to sorto of hide the fact that it is one big piece??

I think Allergydocs pics give a very good overall Idea of the Batons. I have the white version and I dont think that It's very noticable at all. The white dial does make the one piece batons less obvious. What really makes this dial stand out Imo Is how good they got the sub dials. I looked at the gen In the flesh and all I can say Is " they did a fantastic job with the rep" Painting a black strip down the center of the baton would probably give It a more of a two piece apperence. Then again you may not find It necesarry. I love mine and I hope you feel the same about yours. :drinks: Mike

Yeah I figured it would be less obvious on the white. I think the black dial is the only one where a black stripe would be a help. So the white dial would be better but the ar on the black probably looks alot better.

I really cant say that the AR on the black dial Is alot better. The white dial really POPS, so the AR Is pretty dam good Imo. I think maybe the AR might be more noticeable on the black. If thats what you are saying and I believe It Is, then I would agree. :) Mike

:g: hmm dont know ....

MIKE where are you :D

tell us your thoughts :) white dial AR compared to others?

I think jdkno Is saying that the AR looks better on the black because he feels the black dial stands out more. If you look at Doc pics that would seem to be the case. I personaly think they both look good. Some will perfer the black, some will perfer the white. I dont think there Is a bad choice between the two. :)

That's what I was saying maxman. For example the SOSF, if you look at the Asian light version with no ar in the black or blue compared to the Swiss version of the same with ar there is a night and day difference. On the other hand if you compare the white dial with ar vs the white dial without the differenci is not that obvious.

I compared my Swiss white dial SOSF to my cousin's black gen his dial just pops and the gen ar is not that much better than the rep.

That's what I was saying maxman. For example the SOSF, if you look at the Asian light version with no ar in the black or blue compared to the Swiss version of the same with ar there is a night and day difference. On the other hand if you compare the white dial with ar vs the white dial without the differenci is not that obvious.

I compared my Swiss white dial SOSF to my cousin's black gen his dial just pops and the gen ar is not that much better than the rep.

Makes a lot of sense. The difference In dial color can make??? well It can make all the difference In the world :pardon: Also the quailty makes a big difference, say ok rep AR as opposed to fantastic gen AR. :)

Unless your a fussy fooker then you will be fine

I got my White baton sa 3 days ago and I must say I love it the only flaw as said is the baton being one piece

would that really stop you from buying a watch you love??

It's such a little flaw and not that noticable unless you know what to look for.

Were paying 300

Unless your a fussy fooker then you will be fine

I got my White baton sa 3 days ago and I must say I love it the only flaw as said is the baton being one piece

would that really stop you from buying a watch you love??

It's such a little flaw and not that noticable unless you know what to look for.

Were paying 300

You get more contrast enhancement with a black dial under an AR'd crystal. That's all. So maybe this makes it appear as though the AR is more effective on the black dial watches. In reality, of course, it's doing the same thing regardless of dial color. :)

Anyhow, IMO, the rep baton dial isn't very good. It won't be confused as genuine by most people familiar with the watch...

_MG_7393rsz.jpg

You get more contrast enhancement with a black dial under an AR'd crystal. That's all. So maybe this makes it appear as though the AR is more effective on the black dial watches. In reality, of course, it's doing the same thing regardless of dial color. :)

Anyhow, IMO, the rep baton dial isn't very good. It won't be confused as genuine by most people familiar with the watch...

_MG_7393rsz.jpg

I totally dissagree, your Intitled to your opinion like anyone else but I could not possably dissagree more.

Chief... That's what I was trying to say. I never meant to imply that the ar was any different but the darker dial watch will always have more contrast so to speak. I was at the AD last night so I checked out the gen. On both the black and white dial you can clearly see the batons as two pieces from 2 foot or so away. Also comparing the gen white vs the gen black there is a mote obvious contrast on the black it just seems to jump out of the case more so than the white.

I know looking for perfection in a rep is futile but after looking at pics of the rep vs pics of the gen I would say the rep dial could be called out very quickly from a few feet away. I have seen peple talk about the large 30 and 60 on the 2009 version SA but I think that dial would be harder to call out than the baton dial.

Chief... That's what I was trying to say. I never meant to imply that the ar was any different but the darker dial watch will always have more contrast so to speak. I was at the AD last night so I checked out the gen. On both the black and white dial you can clearly see the batons as two pieces from 2 foot or so away. Also comparing the gen white vs the gen black there is a mote obvious contrast on the black it just seems to jump out of the case more so than the white.

I know looking for perfection in a rep is futile but after looking at pics of the rep vs pics of the gen I would say the rep dial could be called out very quickly from a few feet away. I have seen peple talk about the large 30 and 60 on the 2009 version SA but I think that dial would be harder to call out than the baton dial.

Yea, the 1 piece batons really stand out and are a big flaw. As always, though, it's a matter of what you can live with. I prefer the gen dial myself.