When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think this gen ROO is having some bezel problems too!

sander

Everything there looks gen but obviously this is a used watch (although the ad lists as new) and the bezel/crystal have been removed/replaced at one point. The rubber gasket under the bezel is deformed, which is strange.

Also I don't understand why the strap is not secured to the case (the case strap screws are missing).

I just think this may be a used watch that had damage at one point and instead of sending to AP to fix it the owner/store cheap out on the repair.

On a separate note I don't understand people getting so worked up on how flush the bezel screws are and are not on the ROO. It's just a simple adjustment on the screws. Very easy to do. It doesn't show if it's a gen or not.

Guest Sql_pl

Guys it is a regular RG Rubberclad with rubber coating removed from bezel. Gen Rubberclads have their bezels made of same material as rest of case, SS/Ti/RG and then coated in layer of rubber. This one is a fully genuine watch with rubber removed, that's where the difference in how screws and crystal sit now comes from. Sander did not try to ask if this was gen or rep :)

Nice find though, that's the first time I see a rubberclad "un-cladded"

The comment was unrelated to the original post (since the thread is named "... this gen ..."). Just an observation in general.

The ROO bezel screws gets a lot of scrutiny but those are easy to flush/align. It just takes a like patience and some fine tweezers. :)

In the case of this particular piece the bezel was altered so there's not much to do there.

To be honest the ad is a little misleading considering that's an altered watch.

Sander is the master of the AP ROO, just search his RBII, it's phenominal!!

Then he tops it off by being a thoroughly top guy!! The world just isn't fair!! blum.gif

Sixx bones.gif

Heeee now we are talking mate!

Just like Sql_pl said, the gen has a gold bezel with a rubber coating.

For some reason they removed the coating.

I think it looks terrible now with the sticking out screws and crystal.