When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM029 project: where to get a good case/bezel?

prdubis

Hi!

The title says it all: I would like to build a PAM029 as Panerai reissued it as a limited edition this year.

DSN doesn't produce them anymore for the moment.

Where can I source a good base to build one? I'd like to use a 2893-A2 as gen.

I have checked our trusted dealers but bezel markers look terrible (too thin), or the dial is not accurate...

Any idea?

Thanks!

1263564249831_Pam29_Front.jpg

they've been discontinued for a long time... the old school EL 029 is what you want... you'll have to wait for one to come up for sale.

:rofl: you probably have a long wait for an EL 29 to come up, Kbiz is not selling his, neither is Oncyte and I'm having a 2893-A put in mine...however, DSN does have the PAM29 hand set to fit the 2893 movement...you can't use the standard REP 29 hands on the 2893....at least this is what I have read from those that have done the conversion...maybe Kbiz can confirm/deny?

DSN's hands aren't what they use to be... I ordered 2 sets and they are so bad! bad shape and shiny paint... not usable... he used to have the good hands but he doesn't have them anymore... I hate how he just gets whatever and sends it to you... not even worth trying to send back... I have a second 029 but I may be building a franken 023T with the case now...

as for the cartel case they are super horrible! I bought the 063 version and it is a joke! the only thing you might be able to salvage would be the bezel... but for almost $400 that's crazy...

Edited by kbiz