When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Crownguard help....Wanted

scotty

I'm not a modder............

I have a 44mm caseback tool gathering dust, as I've only ever used it twice - once to see my 196 movement (ooooo..nice) and once to regulate my 113 via a toothpick and Ziggy's instructions (left a bit, steady, right a bit.....now poke gently.....)

BUT.........the other week I got brave and had a go at the hot glue crown guard floppy lever fix.

My Fiddy and my 196 were the chosen victims. The 113 escaped as I couldn't get the bloody pin out.

Dismantling - no probs.

Losing bits - not at all - everything was put safe and found for re-assembly....

Glue application - fiddly to say the least, but finally managed.

Re-assembly - and HERE is where I need some help.....

Both are re-assembled and miles better than before ie not floppy (especially the Fiddy).

BUT ...

Fiddy crownguard top face has been left with a couple of light scratches from pushing the lever pin back in (I confess - don't laugh - I used a hammer and toilet paper to protect, which more or less did the job)

196 pin lever didn't want to go in all the way, and is currently sitting just under 0.5mm above the crown guard.

So - what can I use to get rid of the scratches on the fiddy guard, and what can I use to push the 196 pin home finally?

I have NO watch tools bar Offshores famed screwdriver set. So only household and basic DIY implements....

I can't find anything for driving the 196 pin home that won't leave some form of indent (ie small screwdriver and tapping with a hammer again)

Any suggestions all? And remember - I'm kack handed......

Hey Scotty,

To refinishing a cg i used a Scotch brite pad to refinish the brushed, if the scratches are light maybe it would make them less visible

And to push the 196 pin home i see on RG that you can use a pen: 7987288c.jpg

Of course the best way is to use a bracelet tool like this: 15c3f8b7.jpg

I use this excellent post of houndoggie on RG: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=73173

P.S: nice Mac Gyver's style with your hammer and toilet paper technique :D