When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Remove movement from Grand Carrera cal36?

mattheis

I am having trouble removing the movement from my newly purchased Grand Cal36. The hour hand is roughly 15min off set and there is a small piece of dust on the inside of the crystal.

This is the first time I have tried removing a 7750.\

The caseback is off, stem removed, rotor off, screws and holding brackets (2 of them) removed. Typically on a non chronograph the movement will just slide out of the case. But here there seems to be something still holding it in.

Any ideas on what this could be? The pushers shouldnt be the problem, since the only time they com into contact with the movement is when they are depressed. The only thing I can think of is the 10th Sec mechanism, which is not part of the movement but could it be holding it somewhere?

The movement can rotate CW and CCW 5mm, so I dont think it is anything screwed down.

If anyone can give me any I ideas, the hour hand and dust particle are driving me crazy.

M

• 1 month later...

Looks like you've been waiting a while for a reply. Just came across your post now.

I've got that version and had it apart. The movement does not come out of the back of the case.

You need to wedge an appropriate tool between the top ring and case. Do it at a corner where the strap meets the case.

Twist and the glass and ring will pop off. Be careful as you may let even more dust in while the top is off.

When refitting, make sure you line up the Tachymetre markings correctly and give it a good push.

It all worked for me so good luck if you haven't done it yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...