When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help sourcing the latest 253

Maars

Can you please recommend the best dealer to source the latest version of the 253 regatta flyback? What are the improvements/known flaws? Are they all made in the same factory? Is there a new version coming soon?

Thanks!

Hey Maars,

Looks like you've been a member for a quite a while... First things first... research, research research. I would highly recommend sticking to the trusted dealers on here. The website you posted looks like a scam. Primarily because the watch advertised hasnt been released in replica form yet.. and secondly because all of the pics they are showing are of genuine Pam286. The watch in your link is different from a Pam 253 in that it is a rattrapante chronograph and the 253 is a flyback chronograph. Only the 253 is being sold now.. although i've seen convincing photos of a 286 being released soon.

I've done a short comparison review of the 2 main versions of the Pam 253 you can look at it here:

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask anything else! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes indeed - a member of a few years, but also only a few posts! Thanks for the advice and link to your great review. Am I right in saying that the V3 is no longer available and all the dealers are selling V2 these days?

Not sure.. I'd think it would be more difficult to find a V2.. as production(as far as i know)of that watch stopped in late 2007... Haven't seen any V2 around for a long time... in any case.. both versions are starting to dry up....... I might be trying to sell my V2 soon.. It has a messed up cg that i tried sanding.. It didn't go to well. Besides that. it's in perfect condition and perfectly polished/brushed.. The only issue would be to source a new Crown gaurd.. Stay tuned for it..

Looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. It's the exact same model as my V3.(although mine is slightly modded ;)) I also bought mine from Angus. I'd email him first before buying one through the site. Just to make sure he's got them in stock. You don't wanna send your money away, just to have him tell you that they're out of stock and to choose another product. :pardon:

What about this one?

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/pam253-regatta-best-edition-updated/

whats the difference between the V3 above and this one?

To my untrained eye the first (PAM253H V3 on Rubber Sport Strap) looks better than the second (PAM253 Regatta Best Edition (Updated)) as the CG looks more accurate??

PAM253H V3 on Rubber Sport Strap

PAM-2010-03-15-03-01.JPG

PAM253 Regatta Best Edition (Updated)

PAM-253-UE-01.JPG

Edited by Maars

Do you have all of puretime's emails? I always send them an email to all 3 emails that i have: puretime2005@gmail.com, jackie0997@hotmail.com, sales@puretimewatch.com

But in general you're right. sometimes they take a couple days to respond to emails...

-fender

• 1 month later...

That pam286 you showed first is to be released this year. We are not sure whether it is going to have sapphire though. The pam253 does NOT have sapphire. But the 253 will be more 1:1, but imo the 286 looks more cool and will probebly have better blue color hands, who knows..

Where's plaifender when you need him - to give me a view on this 253 from Mary?! :whistling:

Hey Maars,

I sawa the post yesterday but was a little tired! The picture of the watch you posted is not of a new model.. In fact, it's a picture of the V1.. the very first version to come out of this watch.. way back in late 2006. It does have a better shaped crown gaurd.. and better colored needle. But the minute markers are incorrect, the genuine minute markers are on a seperate ring piece that is inlaid onto the hobnail dial. The v2, v3 and "v4" are closer to original in that respect. (although not perfect). The V1 also lacks 120 minute markers. The original and later version reps mark half seconds whereas the V1 only has 60 hash marks when it should have 120. In general not worth the errors to purchase (that IS.. if you can find it. in general this watch is difficult to find.) The only plus about the V1 would be the supposed Sapphire crystal it has, but I still have never seen any proof of it, but it's been said that it's the only version with real Sapphire.....

• 5 months later...