When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forward Progress On 6152 Project!

leitztozeiss

Thanks to Davidsen for the wonderful domed plexiglass crystal, thank you Reelamore for the RXW case, and thanks to Marco for the vintagized MM dial - these were a match made in heaven. Now, I just need a sub-second hand that'll work with the cal. 616 movement, a crown (soon to arrive from Davidsen), some engraving AND assembly!! The crystal and case, though, were a major step forward. I'm very pleased with the progress so far. Here are pics:

117698-22327.jpg

117698-22328.jpg

117698-22329.jpg

117698-22330.jpg

Looks AMAZING my dear friend!

Now you just have to dress it with a WW2 natural strap from Manifatture Firenze!

BTW wich hands will you install? I got a set from davidsen (RXW MM golden hands for a Moljina) but haven´t tried them yet...

Did you detect any problem installing the subseconds hand?

Just one warning about the crown:

You will have to file the hole of the CG in order to house Davidsen crown (it has a bigger diameter than the porthole on the CG).

That will be a very delicate operation and I wish you good luck doing it (I blasted my engraved Brev. Ital. CG during that surgery!!!)

I would advise you to get a fiddy crown instead and shorten the CG lever's arm in order to work properly!

My dial (wich is the same as yours) seems to be slightly off-centered the 3 is closer to the border of the dial while the 9 is more distanced from it.

Does it also happens on your dial?

Marco

Yes, I was just informed about those MF straps. Very nice. The new ones from Micah at panerisiti look nice too - very similar look.

I ordered a 127/217 crown from Davidsen, so hopfully that'll fit in the guard. It is very clear that I will need to shorten the lever cam - it leaves very little room for anything between it and the case.

I'll have to take a close look at the dial this evening to see if there is any misalignment. I'll post true top view pics later.