When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some questions on lumes

Handsup how many backroom lumers we have here.. Just wondering AF-Luminova vs Burgeon or other brands, which is recommended? Also, other than Ofrei, where else can i source AF-Luminova from? They are charging an insane USD30 for shipping for something that costs just as much. Appreciate any links cheers! I'm in Asia.

I currently have 4 types of lume

-RC Tritec Superluminova C3 (green)

-Lum-tec GXWG (green)

-Lum-Tec GX10 (green)

-Noctilumina B17 (blue)

So far I have had all 4 vials on my night stand and had several trials of exposing them to UV light for about 5 minutes and then making observations. The GX10 does seem to glow brighter for the first few minutes but after that they all glow about equally bright. The brightness lasts on all of them for about the same length of time as well, at least for 7-8 hours until morning. Good enough that I will not opt for RC Tritec but rather stick with the more economical and easier to order Lum-Tec or Noctilumina. As for the Noctilumina, I did not get one of the Ultra-Fine grains and it had a visibly grainier appearance than the powdery texture of the other 3. However, I was able to grind the Noctilumina into an equally fine powder with a mortar and pestle and it still glows just as well as it did before grinding.

Part 2 of this is mixing with binder, see my binder question on this same forum.

I currently have 4 types of lume

-RC Tritec Superluminova C3 (green)

-Lum-tec GXWG (green)

-Lum-Tec GX10 (green)

-Noctilumina B17 (blue)

So far I have had all 4 vials on my night stand and had several trials of exposing them to UV light for about 5 minutes and then making observations. The GX10 does seem to glow brighter for the first few minutes but after that they all glow about equally bright. The brightness lasts on all of them for about the same length of time as well, at least for 7-8 hours until morning. Good enough that I will not opt for RC Tritec but rather stick with the more economical and easier to order Lum-Tec or Noctilumina. As for the Noctilumina, I did not get one of the Ultra-Fine grains and it had a visibly grainier appearance than the powdery texture of the other 3. However, I was able to grind the Noctilumina into an equally fine powder with a mortar and pestle and it still glows just as well as it did before grinding.

Part 2 of this is mixing with binder, see my binder question on this same forum.

Thanks for reply Veja74, looks like we are experimenting at the same time .. haha

I will be getting my AF-luminova green soon. Just wondering, On the Pams, are the lumes green by day and night? Or White by day/ green by night?

I'm looking to do a Sinn and 3717, appreciate if anyone can tell me which Lume is more appropriate, white or green lume?

Cheers

Gerald

I have a 111h project I am working on so I have spent a lot of time at the ADs looking at those sandwich dials and some of the sausage ones as well. They are definitely a white or maybe a slightly off white. Definitely not green.

So u need to buy white lume for ur coming project huh?