When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My GMT IIc

scotch

I think you have screws in the bracelet to remove single links or not? Remove the screw with a watchmaker screwdriver, remove the link and put it together :)

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. But there is no single link to remove outside the clasp (the shop removed it for my friend before he gave the watch to me).

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. But there is no single link to remove outside the clasp (the shop removed it for my friend before he gave the watch to me).

Yes I can see in your fourth pic that you have at least one or two links with screws in them. Unscrew the screws.. remove the link.. and reassemble... Literally a 2 minute job on this bracelet :)

post-28163-127313616625_thumb.png

I can remove the screw in the red circle but the one in the rectangle is half blocked by the clasp and I don't know how to get to it...

AHH.. look on the underside of the clasp and you'll see that this side of the bracelet is attached to the clasp with a spring bar.. There is a micro-adjustment feature integrated into the clasp. Depress the spring bars and move the bracelet out of the clasp one or 2 notches and you will have access. If you depress and pull the bracelet at the same time (gently) you can also detach the clasp from the bracelet.

AHH.. look on the underside of the clasp and you'll see that this side of the bracelet is attached to the clasp with a spring bar.. There is a micro-adjustment feature integrated into the clasp. Depress the spring bars and move the bracelet out of the clasp one or 2 notches and you will have access. If you depress and pull the bracelet at the same time (gently) you can also detach the clasp from the bracelet.

Perfect!! Thanks!!