When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No love for this MBW ROO?

I love it! I just got a beauty of a sec @ 12 Themes but it

has been running fast since day 1. I was thiking of the MBK because of the movement

issues. I also agree that the dial is as good or better than the cartels.

DSC00284.jpg

Noel....is that a stock-model you are sporting or did you get a re-finished dial (numbers look quite good, dark)??!

Thanks for letting me know,

Theo

Also when I show both watches to my friends, everybody pics the blue one as the better looking one.

Unfortunately it's very hard (at least for me) to take a good pic of the dial so that you see the real beautiful colour.

In real life it's way better looking than on the pics.

post-9210-127412636188_thumb.jpg

I would pic the blue too. Its simply stunning. Im guessing yours has a gen dial? :)

I would pic the blue too. Its simply stunning. Im guessing yours has a gen dial? smile.gif

Yes, both dials are gen.

It's really funny how things can turn out. Since I didn't received the right tachyring in time, I installed a black one for the time being.

Now I love it so much that I decided to leave it this way. It looks really great with the black pushers, crown and strap I think.

Maybe my second one gets the blue tachyring though smile.gif

Yes, both dials are gen.

It's really funny how things can turn out. Since I didn't received the right tachyring in time, I installed a black one for the time being.

Now I love it so much that I decided to leave it this way. It looks really great with the black pushers, crown and strap I think.

Maybe my second one gets the blue tachyring though smile.gif

Talking about strap,I have been wanting to get a rubber or gator for my MBW ROO.I have no clue which will and will not fit(AP bands etc etc).

Do I need a conversion kit as well?

Talking about strap,I have been wanting to get a rubber or gator for my MBW ROO.I have no clue which will and will not fit(AP bands etc etc).

Do I need a conversion kit as well?

Yes, you need a conversion kit to go from bracelet to strap.

I used a seconds @ 12 kit for the blue dial and an AP kit for the Black Themes.

Although it was tough, I finally managed to make it work.

I also had the Barrichello with a gen strap and that was an easy fit. So I guess each strap is a little different.

If I'm not mistaken the sec @ 12 kit does work with the MBW case so I would go for the complete set (strap + deployant + conversionkit) from one of our dealers. (about USD 90)

I have no idea how the quality of the AP bands are.

I also had the Barrichello with a gen strap and that was an easy fit. So I guess each strap is a little different.

If I'm not mistaken the sec @ 12 kit does work with the MBW case so I would go for the complete set (strap + deployant + conversionkit) from one of our dealers. (about USD 90)

Thanks Sander.I will give it a try on those kit from our dealers then....

I love these old MBWs and I was the guy who asked every 2 weeks to do it with the old (EoD) case.

After some months I got the OK from MBW to do a very small batch with the old-case and the wonderful dial....this was 3 years ago!

Now I have the blue/grey dial with the new and the old case....wonderful and best dials ever made.

Cheers

Theo

P.S.: sorry for the bad pic

Theo-

Too funny. The first franken I ever built was with that EOD case and the same blue dial. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

whats the @12 kit? where can you get it? thx

I'm guessing you put an @12 dial on a @12 roo??

I think its a real beauty and would like to build one too... but... where do you get an @12 dial?

Thanks.

I have a franken blue one and a franken black themes.

For some reason I wear the blue one way more than the black themes.

Also when I show both watches to my friends, everybody pics the blue one as the better looking one.

Unfortunately it's very hard (at least for me) to take a good pic of the dial so that you see the real beautiful colour.

In real life it's way better looking than on the pics.

post-9210-127412634532_thumb.jpg post-9210-127412636188_thumb.jpg post-9210-127412637317_thumb.jpg

Just some pic to compare them whistling.gif

post-9210-127412629364_thumb.jpg post-9210-12741263039_thumb.jpg post-9210-127412631302_thumb.jpg

PS: I'm building a second blue one right now bleh.gif