When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No love for this MBW ROO?

Hi guys,

I bought this MBW ROO a few years ago at BKK .Being MBW,it has second @9 and the brushed and finishing is top notch.Date font is supposed to be bolder though.I have since seen numerous models being repped but I noticed that not many members are fond of this model.What do you guys think of this model? Understated or unpopular? :victory:

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

It is a great model. I had it for a while. It is one of the original ROO's in real life. It hasn't been made in years though and a lot of people want the latest one. Here is your watch in franken form:

DSC_0029.jpg

Funny part is those dials in gen form come up all the time. I have always wondered why. :)

It is a great model. I had it for a while. It is one of the original ROO's in real life. It hasn't been made in years though and a lot of people want the latest one. Here is your watch in franken form:

DSC_0029.jpg

Funny part is those dials in gen form come up all the time. I have always wondered why. :)

Is this one with the Concord movement?

I have had MBW themes before.IMHO the dial of this model is better and more "crisp" in appearance. Franken form as in you used the Gen dial and fit it in second @12 AP watch?

I have had MBW themes before.IMHO the dial of this model is better and more "crisp" in appearance. Franken form as in you used the Gen dial and fit it in second @12 AP watch?

Gen dial can be fit in a seconds at 12 (long story how to do it) but in spite of truer to gen construction the seconds at nine case is IMHO far more accurate aesthetically and more easily takes the gen tachy bezel so I stick with the seconds at nine case. :)

Gen dial can be fit in a seconds at 12 (long story how to do it) but in spite of truer to gen construction the seconds at nine case is IMHO far more accurate aesthetically and more easily takes the gen tachy bezel so I stick with the seconds at nine case. :)

I see. Did anyone ever produce a more accurate datewheel so that one could make a datewheel swap?

I have one of these. I tried to replace the Swiss 7750 at 9 with an asian 7750 at 12 with no luck. The watch is great and I ended up selling it to a friend at a price higher than the original I paid and after I abused it for 2 years. Today I called KING wanting another one to be told that it is no longer produced. That is a real shame because it was just wonderful. One incident happened while wearing it and I was flying business and the man next to me was a watch expert. We talked about watches and he said he loved my watch, I paniked but kept cool ... then asked me to take it off to see. He said that he loved them APs and that the old ones are better than the new ones. Out of the blue he said, Apparently AP used to make them with second at 9 and now the new ones are seconds at 12 .... much like the daytona he added .... I agreed with him and shared a glass of champagne ... I miss that watch, please let me know if they still exist somewhere or if you would like to lobby to produce 100 units and start a collective buy.

Out of the blue he said, Apparently AP used to make them with second at 9 and now the new ones are seconds at 12 .... much like the daytona he added .... I agreed with him and shared a glass of champagne ... I miss that watch, please let me know if they still exist somewhere or if you would like to lobby to produce 100 units and start a collective buy.

AP has never made a seconds at 9:00 Men's Offshore. The Offshore was originally fitted with the 2226 (caliber 2225/889 with DD module); the module placed the seconds at 12:00.

Actually, I am unaware of any AP Royal Oak Chronograph with seconds at 9:00; even the 25860 classic came fitted with the caliber 2385 (F. Piguet 1185), which had the seconds at 6:00...

I love these old MBWs and I was the guy who asked every 2 weeks to do it with the old (EoD) case.

After some months I got the OK from MBW to do a very small batch with the old-case and the wonderful dial....this was 3 years ago!

Now I have the blue/grey dial with the new and the old case....wonderful and best dials ever made.

Cheers

Theo

P.S.: sorry for the bad pic

post-334-127412267148_thumb.jpg

I have a franken blue one and a franken black themes.

For some reason I wear the blue one way more than the black themes.

Also when I show both watches to my friends, everybody pics the blue one as the better looking one.

Unfortunately it's very hard (at least for me) to take a good pic of the dial so that you see the real beautiful colour.

In real life it's way better looking than on the pics.

post-9210-127412634532_thumb.jpg post-9210-127412636188_thumb.jpg post-9210-127412637317_thumb.jpg

Just some pic to compare them whistling.gif

post-9210-127412629364_thumb.jpg post-9210-12741263039_thumb.jpg post-9210-127412631302_thumb.jpg

PS: I'm building a second blue one right now bleh.gif