When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my asian highbeat movement keeping stopping between 40-45 secs

hackR

Hey guys...

I have an asian fish in the better swiss case...i picked up a creme dial and recently installed it...quite honestly, prior to the dial change, i didn't wear the watch much to know if the movement had a problem or not...

no issues in removing/replacing the dial and hands and getting it all back together...it looks great...at first it stopped between 40-45 secs, but i thought it was just a breakin kinda thing...i then wore the watch an entire day and it didn't stop once...after letting it sit over night, she stopped in this spot...

now - it seems to stop there quite a bit...i have also wound it and the rotor does work freely...but for some darn reason it stops almost in the same place - whether i wear it or not...

the hands don't appear to be touching each other and time (minutes/seconds) hand location does not affect it...the movement is a highbeat asian movement (not sure if its a DG4813 or not) and the second hand sweeps great when she runs...it just seem to get near the 40-45 mark and hangs there...stopping the watch...

and advice on what is causing this?...i was thinking of breaking the watch down again and refitting the hands/etc - but not sure if this is futile or not...it's odd as sometimes it will go for hours and sometimes she just stalls out...no pattern...

i realize i could always find and/or drop in another movement...but would prefer not to...just wondering if there's a movement "fix" or if the hands needs adjusting, etc...

thanks...R

Hey guys...

I have an asian fish in the better swiss case...i picked up a creme dial and recently installed it...quite honestly, prior to the dial change, i didn't wear the watch much to know if the movement had a problem or not...

no issues in removing/replacing the dial and hands and getting it all back together...it looks great...at first it stopped between 40-45 secs, but i thought it was just a breakin kinda thing...i then wore the watch an entire day and it didn't stop once...after letting it sit over night, she stopped in this spot...

now - it seems to stop there quite a bit...i have also wound it and the rotor does work freely...but for some darn reason it stops almost in the same place - whether i wear it or not...

the hands don't appear to be touching each other and time (minutes/seconds) hand location does not affect it...the movement is a highbeat asian movement (not sure if its a DG4813 or not) and the second hand sweeps great when she runs...it just seem to get near the 40-45 mark and hangs there...stopping the watch...

and advice on what is causing this?...i was thinking of breaking the watch down again and refitting the hands/etc - but not sure if this is futile or not...it's odd as sometimes it will go for hours and sometimes she just stalls out...no pattern...

i realize i could always find and/or drop in another movement...but would prefer not to...just wondering if there's a movement "fix" or if the hands needs adjusting, etc...

thanks...R

If you are positive the hand(s) is/are not making contact with anything, then it's possible there is dirt or a fiber in the movement, possibly in the teeth of the seconds wheel. It will cause jamming in the same spot every time.

• 2 weeks later...