When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting rep replacement parts

opti

I need a seconds hand for a Breitling 6.75 and have no idea where to even begin looking. Should I just ask one of the bigger dealers if they can get hold of one for me?

How do you guys generally deal with a situation when you need rep parts?

Wish I had one for you; it'd be yours by now if I did :(

Not sure what to suggest in this case; checking with a dealer to see if they can help is a good place to start. Perhaps try asking for a complete hand set, as that will likely improve your chances of getting what you need. I'd also post a WTB in hopes of netting a result from that angle as well. Maybe someone has a dead watch that's collecting dust that you can negotiate for? Having an entire watch, case and all is always good for spares (especially if the watch is a favorite of yours) :)

Might also be a good idea to hit up some of the usual auction sites as well, as sometimes things will pop up for sale there. Maybe a similar set for a 7750, or you could even get lucky and score with a gen set of hands? Also, can't hurt to visit watchnet and the sort as well...

Best of luck. I know how difficult finding some of these things can be...

I think Ubi has covered most of the options. If you have an established relationship with one of the dealers they may be able to get you something. Best of luck with your search. At some point you may want to settle with a placeholder just so you can wear it in the mean time. I pooched the second hand of my SOH and found a generic second hand of similar size and colour from Ofrei to use in the mean time. Looks not bad, of course for you it won't have the nice little B on it.