When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO-Pad :)

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I am actually pretty surprised how cool it is. I am not an apple fan in any way, never had any mac computer, did not give in to the iPhone craze... But then I bought an iPad to my close friend as a birthday gift and realised it is an extremely handy thing to have. Very comfortable for browsing web, forums, ebay, youtube. Even touch screen keyboard is very good. So i had to have one and bought it a few days ago for myself as well. It's just a shame they have not been released here (mine is a private import from us) so app store does not work yet and this thing is almost all about apps that you can buy. I guess i need to wait. But i can honestly recomment it.

I am actually pretty surprised how cool it is. I am not an apple fan in any way, never had any mac computer, did not give in to the iPhone craze... But then I bought an iPad to my close friend as a birthday gift and realised it is an extremely handy thing to have. Very comfortable for browsing web, forums, ebay, youtube. Even touch screen keyboard is very good. So i had to have one and bought it a few days ago for myself as well. It's just a shame they have not been released here (mine is a private import from us) so app store does not work yet and this thing is almost all about apps that you can buy. I guess i need to wait. But i can honestly recomment it.

Wow.. that sounds awesome!! so you're saying I can browse the web.. watch videos.. and buy on ebay with this thing!???

Sounds a lot like one of those...? umm... What are they called??.. umm.. OH Yeah .. a computer!!!! :pardon:

haha.. :bangin:

So what makes this a better investment than a good portable laptop???? :g:

Guest Sql_pl

Wow.. that sounds awesome!! so you're saying I can browse the web.. watch videos.. and buy on ebay with this thing!???

Sounds a lot like one of those...? umm... What are they called??.. umm.. OH Yeah .. a computer!!!! :pardon:

haha.. :bangin:

So what makes this a better investment than a good portable laptop???? :g:

Smaller, lighter, slimmer, cooler. That's where Ipad wins.

And I will say it one more time, I am no hardcore apple fan, in fact I do not have any other of their products.

But this thing is great and I can recommend it to everyone!

Guest Sql_pl

spiritjb.com ;) first then look up for installous on google

or have a look here: www.apptrackr.org

you won't need any appstore again

feel free to pm me if you have further questions

Andei

Now that's what I love about rwg! Great advice! It really works! Thank you!

I am am apple fan, and I have one too! It really is great as a sit on the couch and surf device! Way easier than getting out the laptop (and I have a small laptop (MacBook Air)) I highly recommend the iPad - it''s quite cool!

because getting out your macbook air and pressing the power button was hard???

because getting out your macbook air and pressing the power button was hard???

Sometimes... and those times where you want something that is instant on, quick check of the email, and be able to watch a nice movie while flying or riding the train/bus

Sometimes... and those times where you want something that is instant on, quick check of the email, and be able to watch a nice movie while flying or riding the train/bus

still sounds like my computer can do that.. my dell starts up in 32 seconds, and has more ram and a more powerful graphics card than the ipad.. it weighs less than 3 pounds... and costs about half of what the ipad does......

I still am not getting it...

Probably right... Most dells run 275 bucks. Pfft why get a laptop when a desktop is cheaper, better performing, and easier to upgrade oh probably because it is a different product all together. Just like the iPad doesn't replace a computer or laptop.

Probably right... Most dells run 275 bucks. Pfft why get a laptop when a desktop is cheaper, better performing, and easier to upgrade oh probably because it is a different product all together. Just like the iPad doesn't replace a computer or laptop.

i do have a desktop as well... but never or hardly use it.. my laptop is with me everywhere.. My point is... why carry a laptop and an IPAD?? if the laptop does everything the ipad does and is also just as portable?

Because they are different products and neither replaces the other. I have several laptops, several desktops, several servers, and an ipad... also several smart phones.

Since having the ipad I can say that the use of the laptop has dropped dramatically. I use a netbook because I (used to) take tons of photographs and while having 32 gig flash cards is nice sometimes you need to put them on to something else. I run photoshop CS4 and sure it is slow but it works and can get the job done. The windows 7 professional with 3 gigs of ram helps but the processors in those netbooks aren't the best for that stuff. Now instead of using the "real" laptop which worked amazingly probably because of the 8 gigs of ram and higher end processor while I am out I just pick up the netbook and ipad put them in my backpack with my camera gear or school gear. The laptop added more weight and sure it would have been much better then the netbook but the battery life, weight savings and ease of use really is the deciding factor.

When I want to edit something (photos, videos) I can fire up the desktop use my nice big monitor and have the processing power to get things done quickly. I can also listen to music, try to find chicks on chat roulette or skype video chat with people while I am there.

But if I am watching television and think wonder if mary sent photos of my nifty watch yet I can pull out the ipad touch the mail picture and see my nice cool watch. Then i hit reply and say sweet, send me that thing. Or maybe I am taking a crap on the toilet and think wonder what some joker posted on RWG... hit safari and wow i can reply to things, see the pictures they posted.

Sure I can pull out my phone and do the exact same stuff just like I could with a desktop or laptop. And once I get the htc EVO everything the ipad could do my phone could do lol but I will still have both because sometimes it is just nicer to have. If you don't want one that is fine I don't get the rolex thing so I can see where you are coming from lol.

kwhaahkha..cool review of the ipad..i read it all...must be you were typiing in on your ipad while you in the toilet LOL..I would love to buy one for my work leisure..i love to take pictures too and I would love this for my presentation purposes. :)

ok ipad where are you now?

'because i hate taking my laptop to the bathroom with me.

Thats why i need to get an iPad!

Yeah or car, bus, train, airplane, restaurant, mall, where ever. But that's life and sure you can use a laptop for that and more just like a VCR and tivo.