When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 Stem

mjmj

I am asking the experts here to lend me a hand. I' ve read through all the threads and have followed the instructions but still cant get the keyless works to allow the stem back in to the A7750. Getting the stem out was tough too as the keyless button was hard to press. Is there a simple trick to get this back in. I have pressed the keyless but the stem wont go past a certain point in the hole. Any advice would be much appreciated. Ta

Although I run counter to Ziggy's recommendations, I find that pulling the stem out beyond the time-setting (1st) position, increases your chances of keyless works problems after stem removal. Unfortunately, there are no real shortcuts to keyless works problems. It sounds like you may have popped the stem lock out of position while pressing the stem release. It is easy to do, but the only fix is to remove the dial & reset the keyless works components. Once the dial is off & you see how the keyless works is configured, it should be immediately obvious what the problem is &, if you have the tools & experience, fortunately relatively easy to fix.

Thanks Freddy. I will give it a go.

The keyless button for this movement seems more robust that the ETA ones. I know that the etas are just a soft touch but somehow this was a very hard button to press. I will attempt to fix it myself.

Thanks Freddy. I will give it a go.

The keyless button for this movement seems more robust that the ETA ones. I know that the etas are just a soft touch but somehow this was a very hard button to press. I will attempt to fix it myself.

Stem release on the A7750 does indeed require much more force than the standard ETA movements.

It is possible that the ratchet and winding gears have become misaligned in their recesses; the winding gear can in fact fall backwards towards the dial side of the movement. Not much, but enough that the hole is no longer aligned. Once that happens, if you keep trying, you will jam the gear into place and the only solution is to take it all apart and realign it.

Stem release on the A7750 does indeed require much more force than the standard ETA movements.

It is possible that the ratchet and winding gears have become misaligned in their recesses; the winding gear can in fact fall backwards towards the dial side of the movement. Not much, but enough that the hole is no longer aligned. Once that happens, if you keep trying, you will jam the gear into place and the only solution is to take it all apart and realign it.

Ahh! That makes lots of sense. I think that could be the problem. Thank you for the tip.