When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know where I can get those stickered metal plates?

tanya

As long as I got sucked into another pre-V project I want to go balls out for it. I would like to source those good thin metal sticker plates and I'm not sure if anyone is making them, has a spare set to sell or where other than waiting for a set to show up in the trade section that I could get them?

Hope one of the fellas can help me out

Danke!

The engraved bridges you mention belong to the manual Pams from A to D-series.

Don't worry about them if you're building pre-V. I've posted a response with a little more detail in your thread on that "other" forum.

cheers,

b

The engraved bridges you mention belong to the manual Pams from A to D-series.

Don't worry about them if you're building pre-V. I've posted a response with a little more detail in your thread on that "other" forum.

cheers,

b

This is a very good forum, run by open minded people, I'm sure a link or names would not be frowned upon :)

They also made metal engraved plates for the E-G series movements, but if you buy some make sure all pieces are included - I've been waiting months to try and get some missing sections from a purchase I made here :(

By the way, they aren't "stickered", just very thin metal plates with the engraving and nice polishing on one side and nothing on the back. So you will have to decide the best method for attaching them to your bridges. I always remove the bridge, then use an adhesive (still looking for the best one). Having the bridges removed makes it easier to properly centre and affix the plates.

As for not "worrying about them", I always say just because it may be out of sight, doesn't mean that YOU don't know what's missing :) Which is why I've tried to put movement with the proper A-G plates, or CdeG shaped bridges, into all my closed back PAMs :) Give one a little warm feeling too :D

As for not "worrying about them", I always say just because it may be out of sight, doesn't mean that YOU don't know what's missing :) Which is why I've tried to put movement with the proper A-G plates, or CdeG shaped bridges, into all my closed back PAMs :) Give one a little warm feeling too :D

Hey doc, Tanya and I are talking about pre-V vs A-D series mov'ts with squared bridges and differences between them. That's why I said "don't worry about them" as the Panerai engraved square bridges aren't correct for pre-V mov'ts anyway, pre-Vs came with CDG bridges.

Otto Frei offers a very similar 6497-1 movt with squared VDG bridges (http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html#19882) that would be closer fit for pre-V IMO, but Tanya said on another forum that he'd still like to source the plates alone, regardless.

cheers bud

Hey doc, Tanya and I are talking about pre-V vs A-D series mov'ts with squared bridges and differences between them. That's why I said "don't worry about them" as the Panerai engraved square bridges aren't correct for pre-V mov'ts anyway, pre-Vs came with CDG bridges.

Otto Frei offers a very similar 6497-1 movt with squared VDG bridges (http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html#19882) that would be closer fit for pre-V IMO, but Tanya said on another forum that he'd still like to source the plates alone, regardless.

cheers bud

Yes I realize that, doesn't mean you can't still mod it. I've got a couple pics of those movements, like the one below. As you can see they are CdeG engraved, with quite simple Panerai egnravings - even easier to mod than the A+ ones. The CdeG styled 6497 with incabloc is available from a few eBay sellers, and even Tourby :) However the biggest disadvantage of taking this route (movement looking gen), is the sound of the movement. And the earlier gen movements look to be low-beat. Plus no needle.

Pre-Vmovements.jpg