When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Pam 243 bezel removal

cougaree

Hi guys,

The bezel on my 243 suddenly turning rough (bad clicks). Sometimes no clicks at all for a quarter turn. Has anybody fixed this issue before? Can Pam 243 bezel removed?

Thanks!

i would love to know how to remove the bezel from the case to .... Anyone ????

I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you absolutely have to. I have removed a few bezels from various watches and have a couple of tools for just that purpose. The bezel is so thick that they wouldn't work. I pretty much ruined mine trying to get it off. What I ended up doing was use a ton razor blades stacked on top of one another around the bezel until it started to come up. Once there was a big enough gap, I used a case knife to help out. I realized that the bezel it actually pressed onto the ring that it attached to the case by a wire. My outer bezel started to separate from the other ring. I took that off with no problem, but the ring underneath was bent in its removal. I am trying to get it to work again, but I may have to source a new bezel. I have heard that these are really hare to get off and they are. My good camera is down at the moment but I will try and get some pictures up in the next couple of days. The reason I wanted to take mine off was to tighten the action properly by bending up the ratchet ring and to also polish the bezel markers. Once it it off, you can press out the bezel markers and sand them down if you want and polish them up without taping the bezel. It is always a learning process for me :) Maybe someone with some success at doing it can help out. Best of luck!!!!

Is it loose on the case or just loose when turning. If it is loose on the case that is one thing. If it is sloppy while turning but tight on the case, that is another. Lifting the prongs on the ratchet spring definitely helps but it is difficult to get to them.