When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sourcing Dials For 1665 Mbw And Gen Matte 16660

Warrcraft

Hi everyone,

I have a White 1665 SD MBW on order from George and am already sourcing out mod parts. I already have these parts for install when it arrives: Genuine 1570 movement (had it laying around, might as well use it), genuine T-39 flat crystal, genuine 585 end links, and looking for genuine insert, and genuine or OEM crown/tube.

Anyway, my mod question(s) are:

1. Could anyone who has the 1665 White MBW SD watch already tell me if the dial it comes with is any good as is, or is a reprinted dial on a genuine Singer base the way to go? If so, can anybody steer me in the right direction please to pick one up?

2. I'm also DESPERATELY looking for a gen 16660 Sea Dweller matte dial for my gen early transitional SD. In the meantime, I'll settle for a nice reprinted dial on a gen Singer dial. So, does anybody have a good source for that as well?

Thanks!

Edited by Warrcraft

The 1665 MBW with white font dial is quite possibly one of the more accurate dials for the vintage range (in my opinion).

That is what I was thinking, but coming from you ubiquitous it certainly is reassuring, and what I was hoping to hear. Obviously that can save me some money as I was looking at a gen dial for this as well. The only problem with that, asking price...$1,600.00!

Indeed. I do believe that the dial on the Great White is the most correct out of the lot. I'd stick with that one vs. sourcing a gen (unless it's a Rail dial...) :)

BTW... I've got some feelers out for the 16660 dial. Might be a while before I hear back from any. That is a hard one to source!

Yes, it's an MBW Great White (not Rail). So I am going to take your advice and stick with the MBW dial. You're the man Randy regarding helping me trying to source the elusive gen matte 16660 dial :yeah:

Again...I thank you very much!

Cameron

Edited by Warrcraft