When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC Tourbillion - Classy watch Review

vric

I will do this quick since it's a fantasy Rep. There's no JLC equivalent to this one.. but still, this rep design is near perfection.

jlc1.jpg

This replica use a tourbillon made by Seagull. It'd fairly well build and reliable. The only problem is, if you ever have a problem, you will have an hard time finding a watchmisth with the skill/competence to repair this. I remember few year ago when Tourby started to show up (at over $1k a piece.. and it wasn't near as nice as those we have today) Narikaa had one broke on him. He found a small shop near him able to repair it for like $7.. So, I guess if anything goes wrong, there's someone somewhere that can fix this movement.

While most Tourbillon rep as small, being 38-39mm wide, this one is 43mm and wear nicely due to the dial using most of the front of the watch.

jlc5.jpg

jlc3.jpg

There's 2 version of this watch.. One have a cutout in the black plate to see through the watch, and this one doesn't. Sadly, it look like the see-through version is not available anymore.. A shame, but still great watch.

One of the weakest point of this rep is the strap and the deployment. The strap is what you would expect from a $100 watch, not a $500 rep! This one will have to be change, and while you are at it, change the deployment.

jlc2.jpg

jlc3.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the usual JLC deployment you have on all rep, but this thing feels cheap and is uncomfortable. I will change that too.

Overall, if you want a classy looking tourbillon watch, I think this is one of the best the rep world have to offer. This one have great size, clean dial and good AR (not the best, but certainly double sided and what you would expect from the best rep around).

Beside the cutoff on the back plate, I can't thing of anything that could have been made better on this watch. A keeper for sure!

Edited by vric