When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Invasion Of Sweden!

Chronus

With the cheap fares Ryanair are doing, I have a ticket to Sweden in the middle of October. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'll be on a budget as a friend is paying for everything and I have to pay him back afterwards (money problems at the moment, and I paid for his trip to Denmark last year and he paid me back afterwards, so I got lucky!).

Any advice on cheap but good places to stay in Stockholm? Single rooms with en suite showers, or a twin room with en suite showers?

Where are the places to eat and what places to see? Which nightclubs are good to go to? Are the women friendly to foreigners :p

It will be from a Friday to Monday, any advice is welcome.

If you don't want to post on the board, email me as PMs are full!

Thanks!

:yeah:

When it comes to accommodation this might be useful:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/Acc...;epslanguage=EN

Public transports are cheap €2 for endless changes during an hour.

Cheapest is strolling around and catching a few worth to see places. ;)

What places you MUST visit:

1. The Old town (There you have the Royal castle for example)

119115-21961.jpg

2. Drottninggatan (Shopping spree)

119115-21962.jpg

3. Biblioteksgatan (Expensive designer stores/watches)

119115-21963.jpg

This is an auction store, and they carry watches at good prices.

4. Gondolen (Restaurant with the best view)

119115-21964.jpg

5. Skansen (The world's largest outdoor museum)

119115-21965.jpg

To be honest I think you'll find your own favourite places to see.

Night clubs:

1. Café Opera

119115-21966.gif

2. And ALL places at and around Stureplan.

119115-21967.jpg

If you need to know anything else, just ask.

AND NO: You CAN'T find any watch replicas!

Thanks for the advice! I won't be looking for reps, we have great dealers here already and besides money is tight!

For accomodation I have found some boats in the harbour that do rooms for 30GBP per night, which is more around how much I want to spend. If single rooms arent cheap I can share a twin (separate beds) rooms with my friend. :bangin:

I keep hearing everywhere that it is expensive there. A guy at work says a mcdonalds meal (say 6 Euro here in London) is around 18 Euros there! Not that I want mcdonalds food, I prefer proper restaurants :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I keep hearing everywhere that it is expensive there. A guy at work says a mcdonalds meal (say 6 Euro here in London) is around 18 Euros there! Not that I want mcdonalds food, I prefer proper restaurants :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lol.. its not that bad. According to the Big Mac index a Big Mac in Sweden is US 4.53, in London US 3.648.

Thats burgernomics for you.

Dont live there, but my company has an office there, so I'am over perhaps once a month.

You should absolutely look forward to your trip. Stockholm is absolutely one of the most beautiful cities in Europe in my opinion.

Just too bad all the sexy girls have moved to Oslo to work for higher salaries in bars, restaurants and clothing shops ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously the place to be, Stockholm, as I too am heading over again soon, stretching out a bit of business to include few days off, visiting old friends (and their new arrivals!) and just generally relaxing and walking round with my GF who's never been (not anywhere near the jewellery shops though :black_eye::lol:)

@Chronus - will keep you posted mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@Fitmic - quick question for you - the Rival or the Nordic Light? Pretty much saying North or South I know. Business has always had me up at the Berns or Diplomat so would like a change. Have been to the NL before briefly (before heading across to the Ice Bar opposite, heh heh) but not sure, Normmalm is a bit too business-like even if its v convenient for the Arlanda Express.

Thoughts/advice much appreciated. :D

docblackrock>>

I only know about Rival.

It is actually owned by one of the guys in ABBA.

It's not that good if you ask me, although Paris Hilton stayed there.

The Hilton hotel is some 5 minutes walk from Rival.

Guess she has the dough... ;)

Rival is located at Södermalm, where you can find some great pubs.

It is not a very posh area.

Thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim: from the pics I've seen of Rival it does look interesting if a little kitsch :blink::brow:

Not surprised Paris stayed there though, although not exactly a ringing endorsement of the family hotel chain now is it? :lol:

I know Södermalm reasonably well (friends used to live there before moving to Northern suburbs), very down to earth which I like and the reason I thought it might be nicer to stay than in Normmalm. To be honest, the last thing I want to be surrounded by is a bunch of 'suits' if you know what I mean.

Thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim: from the pics I've seen of Rival it does look interesting if a little kitsch :blink::brow:

Not surprised Paris stayed there though, although not exactly a ringing endorsement of the family hotel chain now is it? :lol:

I know Södermalm reasonably well (friends used to live there before moving to Northern suburbs), very down to earth which I like and the reason I thought it might be nicer to stay than in Normmalm. To be honest, the last thing I want to be surrounded by is a bunch of 'suits' if you know what I mean.

There are not many suits in the Rival area!

I'm curious what are the women like and why didn't anyone give him any tips on the Swedish women. I mean, the guy is obviously going to try, throw the man a bone, no pun intended. Do the Swedish women prefer what American girls prefer most, that the man have lots of money to spend on them? Money gets Bill Gates laid. That's saying something, but he has lots and lots of money. The Southern girls in the U.S. are still sometimes old fashioned, they want doors opened up for them, want the man to stand when the girls sit down or leave a table. Some modern women take offense, but most think it is polite. So what do Swedish girls like?