When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fitting Gen Dial on ROO @12 Sec

Ahky

Dear Members.

I have a gen ROO dial (in blue with markers). I'd appreciate your advice in installing it on a ROO @12 sec. Does this procedure require any major modifications to the watch or the dial? or can a my watchmaker just swap (in) the dial?

thanks in advance.

And once you add the gen movement you need to plug the original case tube hole and drill a new one lower as the gen movement is a chrono module mounted on top of the base movement so the crown sits lower versus the chrono pushers. On the 7750 which comes with the rep they all line up.

sander's method is the way to go with the least mods...it involves fitting on a date overlay after cutting away some of the plate under the dial. It's not easy but it requires fewer parts.

Edited by bosk

I have done this mod 3 times and working on 2 other projects right now.

It's not an easy mod. One of the hardest parts is creating the date overlay. You have to shave down a date disc to 0.13mm or less.

To finish the 3 I did so far I used 7 date discs because they are so easy to screw it up.

So if you do this mod for the first time, I would at least order 3 discs or more. ^_^

post-9210-018371100 1275729574_thumb.jpg post-9210-055669400 1275729593_thumb.jpg